Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Details The Cortex-X4 With +15% Performance, Armv9.2 ISA

Phoronix: Arm Details The Cortex-X4 With +15% Performance, Armv9.2 ISA

Arm today announced the new high-end Cortex-X4 CPU core design for delivering their most powerful Cortex compute cluster...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    THe
    cace
    a larget L3 cache
    Last edited by tildearrow; 29 May 2023, 06:27 AM.

Comment

The fastest ARM CPU ever built?

When compared to Apple M1/M2?

Comment

Let's hope that this 14-core ARM CPU is selected to be integrated into the future RPi5, that we have a real microcomputer in our hands...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil995511 View Post
          Let's hope that this 14-core ARM CPU is selected to be integrated into the future RPi5, that we have a real microcomputer in our hands...
          I very much doubt that Rpi wants to start building high-end servers... That's not what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            The fastest ARM CPU ever built?

When compared to Apple M1/M2?
            They say that it's the fastest ARM CPU, not the fastest CPU with arm architecture. It's equivalent to Intel saying "it's the fastest Intel CPU", but not "it's the fastest x86-64 CPU".

Comment

Originally posted by Phil995511 View Post
              to me it looks like the complete community is on Rockchip now. and not Raspberry Pi​...
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

qarium
                What do you recommend to buy as a replacement for the capabilities and original price of the Raspberry Pi 4 4/8GB or Raspberry Pi zero 2W?

Comment

Immortalis-G720 looks interesting, DVS update is nice addition, as Valve recently contracted ARM GPU driver developer, maybe next Steam Deck might be arm in some years

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

to me it looks like the complete community is on Rockchip now. and not Raspberry Pi​...
                    Depends what you mean with community. Those that like tinkering prefer rockchip, but a vastly bigger community just want to follow some online cookbooks like "how to run a DNS Server" and pick a system that has everything prepared.

From my echo-chamber you would just earn eye rolls mentioning the Pi, but i have no delusions about the popular opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X