No announcement yet.

Linux 6.4 Fixes An Issue Where Intel USB Support Could Be Broken After Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.4 Fixes An Issue Where Intel USB Support Could Be Broken After Resume

Phoronix: Linux 6.4 Fixes An Issue Where Intel USB Support Could Be Broken After Resume

Since last November has been a kernel bug report from a Canonical engineer after finding that the Intel Thunderbolt USB controller on various laptops was "dead" after resuming the system. That problem is now resolved with Linux 6.4 and this generic fix may end up helping other hardware as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The issue with hardware is that software is so flexible that it can be abused to work around broken and misdesigned hardware, like this Intel device here.
    In other industries, where software cannot be abused in that way, the manufacturer would have to recall the product ... which costs a lot of money, and since that is seemingly the only feedback mechanism in capitalism, the practice of properly designing and testing products before releasing them is promoted.

Here the opposite is the case. I can hear the echo of the managers: "just fix it in software".
    Last edited by xnor; 02 May 2023, 04:15 AM.

Comment

This also happened lately on my Dell XPS 15 9550 (Skylake). I hope that this Comet Lake issue also solves mine. 🤨

Comment

Working...
      X