Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liburing 2.2 Released For Easier IO_uring Usage On Linux

Phoronix: liburing 2.2 Released For Easier IO_uring Usage On Linux

Jens Axboe, Linux storage expert and IO_uring lead developer, released liburing 2.2 this weekend as the newest version of this helper library that makes it easier for user-space software to make use of the Linux kernel's IO_uring support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

iouring really needs a logo? 🤔

Comment

I like the logo and to be onest I think its good for OpenSource Projects to have a nice logo. I loving the Linux Kernel....but I think the official Logo still looks like a small nerd project...same with the most GNU stuff. Sure, the software is the most important part none the less. Visual apearence is important too.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        I like the logo and to be onest I think its good for OpenSource Projects to have a nice logo. I loving the Linux Kernel....but I think the official Logo still looks like a small nerd project...same with the most GNU stuff. Sure, the software is the most important part none the less. Visual apearence is important too.
        Yeah, though I wonder how much of it is due to bias. If there never was an Apple and today some big corp went with the logo of a bitten apple people would laugh at it.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

If there never was an Apple and today some big corp went with the logo of a bitten apple people would laugh at it.
          People are still laughing, so your point doesn't stand.

Comment

Is it enough to install liburing to take benefit of i/o_uring?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
              Is it enough to install liburing to take benefit of i/o_uring?
              No, your programs should be programmed against it. `liburing` is just another dynamic library that makes easier to use the io-uring functionality in the kernel, instead of emitting raw syscalls.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
                it reminds me of the ubuntu logo

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
                  Due to the colors and pronunciation it reminds me of a pee color dehydration chart.

Comment

XD I wish we could have a beer (or whatever you call beer ) just to have fun discussing this. But I guess US is quite a trip distance wise.

Comment

Working...
                    X