Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.17-rc4 Released As The "Superb Owl"

Phoronix: Linux 5.17-rc4 Released As The "Superb Owl"

Linus Torvalds is out with his latest Sunday weekly test release of the maturing Linux 5.17 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice nick, but linux will be the Unicycling gorilla forever for me

Comment

I'm pretty sure the "Superb Owl" name is a reference to the film/series "What we do in the shadows" - in which a party relating to said sporting event is erroneously named a "Superb Owl Party".

Comment

Somehow I think 'Lean Ox' would be better...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by Archprogrammer View Post
          I'm pretty sure the "Superb Owl" name is a reference to the film/series "What we do in the shadows" - in which a party relating to said sporting event is erroneously named a "Superb Owl Party".
          Maybe it's a reference to an actual Super Bowl that's happening right now in LA? Misspelling it as "superb owl" is a widely known meme that started in early 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

Maybe it's a reference to an actual Super Bowl that's happening right now in LA? Misspelling it as "superb owl" is a widely known meme that started in early 2000s.
            Yeah, lots of jokes along those lines. The Atlantic does an annual photo collection for Superb Owl Sunday... a highlight of the calendar for all fans of owls...

Comment

Hopefully this means we have some truth seekers in the Linux kernel dev community!

Comment

Superb Owl was from Twitter in 2008. From there it has been used by all sorts of media, usually a jokingly way to get around being sued over the phrase Super Bowl.

Comment

No way 'eh! Got to be from this Album!
                  Fly By Night.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post

No way 'eh! Got to be from this Album!

just because

Comment

Working...
                    X