Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Mobile Drops Halium Support In Favor Of Open Devices

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Mobile Drops Halium Support In Favor Of Open Devices

Project Halium for the past several years has allowed various Linux distributions to build atop the likes of libhybris and other abstractions for running on hardware with Android pre-installed. This abstraction layer has been popular from KDE Plasma Mobile to UBports to Sailfish OS while now Plasma Mobile is discontinuing their support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome news. Focus where it will benefit most, long-term. I love these guys

Comment

Speaking of Librem 5, any new regarding to the shipment of the devices? Are all those manufacturing version done and everyone who receives one now will receive the final hardware version?

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post
        Focus where it will benefit most, long-term.
        Betting their house on a Frankenbuntu distribution is hardly a good long-term investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Betting their house on a Frankenbuntu distribution is hardly a good long-term investment.
          good thing they're not doing that then, huh

Comment

Wow, that means almost no userbase for the coming years, so no feedback and no community... I'm going to read their announcement, but this looks like a really risky move to me.

Edit: Nothing more in the announcement. Well, I hope it will go well for them...
            Last edited by Flaburgan; 15 December 2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doomie View Post
              good thing they're not doing that then, huh
              Sure.

Comment

Working...
              X