AMD "GFX8" Hardware Now Has Expanded DCC Support With RADV Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD "GFX8" Hardware Now Has Expanded DCC Support With RADV Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: AMD "GFX8" Hardware Now Has Expanded DCC Support With RADV Vulkan Driver

The latest work by Valve open-source Linux graphics driver contributor Samuel Pitoiset is on offering Delta Color Compression (DCC) support for layers with the Vulkan RADV driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In light of these improvements, could you please include the Fury again in your future Mesa 19.2 benchmarks?

Comment

How is the progress of radv support for Navi? Is it moving or still blocked with missing documentation?

Comment

Still no hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
          Still no hardware.
          I guess AMD has an advantage to work on radeonsi in advance. Can't they arrange something for radv developers in such cases to speed up releases?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            How is the progress of radv support for Navi? Is it moving or still blocked with missing documentation?
            Even if they need the hardware to do real tests on and finish everything off, the driver changes to radeonsi are public and give a good overview of the things that will need to change. I'd say they have all they need at the moment, even if there's 1% of remaining details they can't be sure about.

Comment

My Bristol Ridge APU laptop and desktop are looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
                My Bristol Ridge APU laptop and desktop are looking forward to this!
                Jealous. That's a Zen-based APU in the laptop right? I've had 2 AMD APU's, but they are both pre-Zen. An A10-5750m and a FX-9800p, Used both with Linux mostly and they were both great notebooks, but they could do decent gaming on Windows 10 too.

Comment

Originally posted by drownthepoor View Post
                  Jealous. That's a Zen-based APU in the laptop right?
                  No. Bristol Ridge is A-series. First Zen APU was Raven Ridge. Earlier Zen CPUs were Summit and second gen are Pinnacle.

Comment

Working...
                  X