Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Current State Of Librem 5's Linux Smartphone Functionality On Their Dev Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current State Of Librem 5's Linux Smartphone Functionality On Their Dev Kits

Phoronix: The Current State Of Librem 5's Linux Smartphone Functionality On Their Dev Kits

For those wondering how the Linux smartphone stack is shaping up for Purism's long-awaited Librem 5 smartphone that is currently aiming to ship in Q3, the company has released several video recordings of different operations running on their Librem 5 software on their developer kits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope for the better, probably I won't buy the first release but at least it will be the first mobile phone working with systemd...

Comment

BTW, the article links to the forums instead of this topic.

Comment

You fixed the asterisk and number sign in the dialer. Great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post
          BTW, the article links to the forums instead of this topic.
          This usually happens when the article hasn't been posted in the forums by the Phoronix bot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
            I hope for the better, probably I won't buy the first release but at least it will be the first mobile phone working with systemd...
            Back in the day when systemd was still "just a better init" (something around 10 years ago), SHR already used it on Openmoko Neo Freerunner (and later on others like GTA04 and Nokia N900 too).

Comment

Pine64 has shown several full Linux distros running on the PinePhone dev kits.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                Pine64 has shown several full Linux distros running on the PinePhone dev kits.
                Pine64 Phone is nice, but its not clear if it have FM Radio or not..

Comment

I hope there will be a functional Matrix client with video calls for it. And using Qt, not GTK so it could work with Plasma Mobile properly.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Pine64 Phone is nice, but its not clear if it have FM Radio or not..
                    I don't think that's a concern for 98% of people wanting a Linux phone. People would much rather see a compass, gps, 4G/4G LTE, Wifi (2 Ghz/5 Ghz), more storage, better cameras, more ram.

Comment

Working...
                    X