Qt 3D Pairs Nicely With Vulkan & NVIDIA RTX To Make A Beautiful Path Tracer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 3D Pairs Nicely With Vulkan & NVIDIA RTX To Make A Beautiful Path Tracer

Phoronix: Qt 3D Pairs Nicely With Vulkan & NVIDIA RTX To Make A Beautiful Path Tracer

Not to be confused with Apple's Quartz graphics layer, a new open-source project called Quartz by developer Michał Siejak is producing stunningly beautiful results while being powered by the Vulkan graphics API, making use of Qt 3D, and NVIDIA RTX support within this path tracer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I get that most cool names are already taken but that's just a bad idea for SEO. Quartz is already a thing in graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
      I get that most cool names are already taken but that's just a bad idea for SEO. Quartz is already a thing in graphics.
      There are a lot of minerals/gems/jewels to pick a name from.

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post

There are a lot of minerals/gems/jewels to pick a name from.
        Phos

Comment

fail build in my linux

Comment

I love all the positivity this one-man project received from our community! /s

Good job, I haven't seen Vulkan combined with RTX yet, and expanding on another open-source project makes this even better.

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post

Phos

Where's that from?

Comment

Working...
              X