Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Contributor Covenant Is Now Adopted By All Intel Open-Source Projects (OTC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Contributor Covenant Is Now Adopted By All Intel Open-Source Projects (OTC)

Phoronix: The Contributor Covenant Is Now Adopted By All Intel Open-Source Projects (OTC)

Intel's Open-Source Technology Center (OTC) is now the latest organization making use of the Contributor Covenant for aiming to do more to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Remember when super giant mega corporations didn't have total and complete control of important open source projects? It seems like in the past 10 years intel has taken over control of the linux kernel and the display stack.

I would have use to think redhat had the most influence but I'm pretty sure intel has had that for a while now. Only real competition intel would have today is google.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin545 View Post
      Remember when super giant mega corporations didn't have total and complete control of important open source projects? It seems like in the past 10 years intel has taken over control of the linux kernel and the display stack.

I would have use to think redhat had the most influence but I'm pretty sure intel has had that for a while now. Only real competition intel would have today is google.
      No I don't remember that, but do enlighten us

Comment

Can't you adopt a different code of conduct? Why does it always have to be the covenant?!

Comment

More like the cancerous covenant. But htis doesn't surprise me in the least, Intel have been publicly supporting feminists and sjws for a while now (by publicly supporting I mean throwing money at).

Comment

I hope you guys realize that even (especially) open source devs deserve to get paid. Obviously corporations need to invest in open source and the bigger the better IMO.

EDIT: I don't always agree with -what- gets developed, but I sure do appreciate that it -gets- developed.
            Last edited by duby229; 01 November 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Even though I have many reservations towards Intel, its product policy, anti-competitive behaviour and so on, but where it is due, I can also applaud them. They do invest into the open ecosystem and do it right, investing into major components of the software stack and optimize it for their platform (even AMD takes a profit from this more often than not, e.g. with all the low-level x86 optimizations in the Kernel, Compilers and Libraries).

Comment

If you think about it, the Contributor Covenant discriminates against minorities from countries with a more "brutally honest" culture. They should have a higher conviction rate by pure statistics.

Or maybe that was the purpose all along; enforce US political culture on a global scale by authoritarian means. Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Can't you adopt a different code of conduct? Why does it always have to be the covenant?!
                  They must choose the wokest so they can go the brokest.

Comment

Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
                    If you think about it, the Contributor Covenant discriminates against minorities from countries with a more "brutally honest" culture. They should have a higher conviction rate by pure statistics.

Or maybe that was the purpose all along; enforce US political culture on a global scale by authoritarian means. Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it?
                    You know, the funny thing is, with stuff like this, the old adage (never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity) doesn't seem to apply. I'm... pretty sure hatred permeates some proportion of these movements, and those not corrupted by hatred go along because it's couched in just-so moral traps (where the ends loom over the means, and criticism the means is evidence that you oppose the ends, and therefore you are precisely the witch this hunt is for!).

Comment

Working...
                    X