Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OverlayFS Adds NFS Export Support In Linux 4.16

Phoronix: OverlayFS Adds NFS Export Support In Linux 4.16

The OverlayFS union mount file-system of the Linux kernel gains a big new feature in Linux 4.16...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I needed the other way around: being able to overlay nfs-mounted shares...

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      I needed the other way around: being able to overlay nfs-mounted shares...
      Me too.

CentOS 7 read-only configuration via NFSv3.
      Being able to overlay it with a read-writable tmpfs (or the like) would be what I am searching for.
      Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

Me too.

CentOS 7 read-only configuration via NFSv3.
        Being able to overlay it with a read-writable tmpfs (or the like) would be what I am searching for.
        Is this possible?
        This has been possible for a long time with AUFS already. AUFS with nfs support is in ubuntu, not sure about centos.

I am using it for embedded development: One layer contains the base rootfs as built by our CI, one layer contains my own modifications, one layer contains anything written by the test device.

The root of the layered mount is exported via nfsroot, you just make sure you are mounting with the ",v=3" option

Comment

Originally posted by heeen View Post

This has been possible for a long time with AUFS already. AUFS with nfs support is in ubuntu, not sure about centos.

I am using it for embedded development: One layer contains the base rootfs as built by our CI, one layer contains my own modifications, one layer contains anything written by the test device.

The root of the layered mount is exported via nfsroot, you just make sure you are mounting with the ",v=3" option
          Thanks, that sounds promising.

However, we're bound to RHEL/CentOS 7.
          Will check.

Comment

Working...
          X