Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverlayFS Adds NFS Export Support In Linux 4.16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OverlayFS Adds NFS Export Support In Linux 4.16

    Phoronix: OverlayFS Adds NFS Export Support In Linux 4.16

    The OverlayFS union mount file-system of the Linux kernel gains a big new feature in Linux 4.16...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ort-Linux-4.16

  • #2
    I needed the other way around: being able to overlay nfs-mounted shares...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      I needed the other way around: being able to overlay nfs-mounted shares...
      Me too.

      CentOS 7 read-only configuration via NFSv3.
      Being able to overlay it with a read-writable tmpfs (or the like) would be what I am searching for.
      Is this possible?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by entropy View Post

        Me too.

        CentOS 7 read-only configuration via NFSv3.
        Being able to overlay it with a read-writable tmpfs (or the like) would be what I am searching for.
        Is this possible?
        This has been possible for a long time with AUFS already. AUFS with nfs support is in ubuntu, not sure about centos.

        I am using it for embedded development: One layer contains the base rootfs as built by our CI, one layer contains my own modifications, one layer contains anything written by the test device.

        The root of the layered mount is exported via nfsroot, you just make sure you are mounting with the ",v=3" option

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by heeen View Post

          This has been possible for a long time with AUFS already. AUFS with nfs support is in ubuntu, not sure about centos.

          I am using it for embedded development: One layer contains the base rootfs as built by our CI, one layer contains my own modifications, one layer contains anything written by the test device.

          The root of the layered mount is exported via nfsroot, you just make sure you are mounting with the ",v=3" option
          Thanks, that sounds promising.

          However, we're bound to RHEL/CentOS 7.
          Will check.

          Comment

          Working...
          X