X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeftneavaink
    replied
    LLVMs Clang Now Successfully Builds Qt

Just curious when/if you guys will be doing any new beta testing for new builds of AS?

Leave a comment:

• blelbach
    replied
    WRT to LLVM and Linux, at the time that I spoke at the conference, Xen/KVM weren't working, but they're in much better shape now. You can't build a vanilla kernel, yes, but an allmodconfig works. E.g., you could build the default config of, say, the Debian kernel. Source code is available at github.com/lll-project. We're putting together .deb packages, soon, as well.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Also if it can build stuff without requiring any patching of code then that's progress too
    Jup Patience too...

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    But anything in between is progress
    True dat

Also if it can build stuff without requiring any patching of code then that's progress too

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    When LLVM can build a rock-stable Linux/BSD kernel that runs fine as well as any desktop of choice as well as a complete userland I'd then call it a success.
    But anything in between is progress

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Who cares who made it. All I care is that it works
    Exactly!

When LLVM can build a rock-stable Linux/BSD kernel that runs fine as well as any desktop of choice as well as a complete userland I'd then call it a success.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Who cares who made it. All I care is that it works

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    non-GNU OS and show it to RMS
    It's been done before, it's just a royal PITA to setup. Some linux kernel based firmwares for example do not use the GNU toolchain.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Don't forget that GNOME is also part of the GNU project. Compilers and kernels are only of interest to a small subset of GNU/Linux users and BSD and KDE are irrelevant.
    *Hmphff* Everybody knows Gnome is irrelevant

Anyway... I was justing pointing out that it would be funny to make a totaly non-GNU OS and show it to RMS

But this GNU/Linux thing is really an old battle. Nowadays most people just call it Ubuntu .
    Lol true that. BTW I don't care what people call it.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Once this can build Linux. BSD and KDE, there is no GNU/ in Linux anymore. Not that removing all FSF software is great, but it would be funny to shove that into RMS' face.
    Don't forget that GNOME is also part of the GNU project. Compilers and kernels are only of interest to a small subset of GNU/Linux users and BSD and KDE are irrelevant.

But this GNU/Linux thing is really an old battle. Nowadays most people just call it Ubuntu .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X