Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GCC 9.1 Released As Huge Compiler Update With D Language, Zen 2, OpenMP 5, C++2A, C2X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    So I'm not being unreasonable to say that D is new.
    another unreasonable claim in long list of your unreasonable claims

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    It's a new programming language.
    it's almost 20 years old. by that count c++ is new language. c# was exactly as new year ago. java was exactly as new 6 years ago
    Last edited by pal666; 06 May 2019, 09:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
    I must insist you do not push the burden of proof on me ...
    So I'm not being unreasonable to say that D is new.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    So you think I'm being unreasonable ... Some kids believe last years iPhone is old and they need the new one. Are they being reasonable?
    I must insist you do not push the burden of proof on me, especially through the use of allegories. Again, D is a great language. But this is a discussion about the market, and the market does not seem to consider D. This is not a reflection of my tastes or opinions, it's simply an observation.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    So, with these implications, I must inquire as to why you're acting so unreasonably defendant for D, despite it's quirky disposition in the market?
    So you think I'm being unreasonable ... Some kids believe last years iPhone is old and they need the new one. Are they being reasonable?

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    Then where is your question?
    Why are you so adamantly defending D as something to be respected as an industry standard when it is in fact not? I'm not trying to downplay D, it's a very interesting language, and as I've said, a decade ago, I was extremely excited for it. But now the market has shown no interest in it. That isn't to say the language is invalid, people still use it, and I'm happy about that, and I hope it continues to excel. But right now, not many major companies or projects are utilizing it, so there isn't much concern for it right now in the market. Yes, if you would ask me if I'd be glad to replace C++ with D for any given project, I'd gladly say yes. I'd be more reluctant to say the same for Rust or C#/.NET Core, but that's not an immediate no, rather, a case-by-case basis depending on how the respective codebase for said project is engineered for it's respective runtime. In other words, it might not make sense to magically replace a codebase from one language to another if the project itself wasn't designed and engineered for said language.
    So, with these implications, I must inquire as to why you're acting so unreasonably defendant for D, despite it's quirky disposition in the market?

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    I'm very politely asking you ...
    Then where is your question?

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    Your point is that what I say matters to you and you're still trying to figure out why this is.
    I'm very politely asking you to convey your thoughts in pain, simple English. That's it. I'm trying to have a conversation with you, and you're responding in these cryptic, meaningless responses. You're partly correct, I am interested in why you so strongly want to take part as a contrarian in this conversation. And, yes, I have no idea what it is you're actually saying, only that you're trying to say it. Although your posts contain English words, they don't seem to be valid English. Please format them in a manner that can be parsed by people such as I. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    My point is, ...
    Your point is that what I say matters to you and you're still trying to figure out why this is.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    You could have said that anything older than a second is not further new, and your opinion still would not matter.
    Sorry, you forgot to call me a hipster college kid. That's your most efficient way to inform people that their opinions are invalid, per your decree as lord of all the land.

My point is, you seem to be attempting to convey an opinion or statement of some kind. Trying to contort words into definitions that make no sense will not do you any favors. If you want to imply D has some merit of some kind, do so directly, don'y try to confuse us by redefining words, but I can personally affirm I am very much confused by your implications, and I'd rather refrain from outright calling you insane, as I'm sure you have some point you wish to convey. You just don't seem to know how to do it.
    Last edited by Ironmask; 05 May 2019, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X