X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by brent View Post
    Is there even a sane person left that still believes in Tizen?
    Yes I do, untill they decided to plumb Qt in there... Hello, EFL?!

But Tizen is a full... and then I mean a full Linux OS. That means: I don't give a fsck about the OS on the devices, but I am going to score this for Fedora as my next mobile phone and tablet!

And of course to vote with my money.

And on top I will install some Tizen compatibility layer for popular Tizen apps that are... you know... HTML5 and thus no fscking rootkitted Skype, kthnxbye. (Wikileaks spy-files)
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 29 May 2013, 04:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    It was supposed to be EFL based now they make it Qt there was some drama with the code/development and so on.
    Get a clue first before making dumb statements. Tizen IVI (for use in cars, not smartphones) uses Qt since the beginning. Tizen IVI just uses Qt 4.8, not Qt 5.1.
    Tizen for smartphones is still based on EFL.

Originally posted by Krysto View Post
    Stop trying to make Tizen happen. It's not going to happen.
    Tizen IVI already is the established industry standard.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Well, the basic problem with Tizen is that Samsung don't know what they're doing. They simply have no clue about software development. In the 1.5 years since it was announced, they changed the UI and underlying framework multiple times already! It's an unholy mess cobbled together from earlier efforts that never were successful, such as Bada or Meego. Also, its development practices make it useless for contributors outside of Samsung.
    Wait, are we talking about Samsung or Canonical?

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    Well, the basic problem with Tizen is that Samsung don't know what they're doing. They simply have no clue about software development. In the 1.5 years since it was announced, they changed the UI and underlying framework multiple times already! It's an unholy mess cobbled together from earlier efforts that never were successful, such as Bada or Meego. Also, its development practices make it useless for contributors outside of Samsung.

TL;DR they do a very good job of pissing of possible app developers and partners. Meanwhile, Firefox OS and Ubuntu Phone are already in a usable state despite being much younger than Tizen.

Leave a comment:

• Teho
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    It was supposed to be EFL based now they make it Qt there was some drama with the code/development and so on.
    Tizen is not changing to Qt; this is a third party effort. Applications for Tizen are written using HTML5&friends but there's also support for Bada applications. They are likely going to include OpenMobile's ACL for Android application support. To my understanding EFL is only used for "low level" stuff like the compositor.

Leave a comment:

• Krysto
    replied
    Stop trying to make Tizen happen. It's not going to happen. It's a hosh posh of mobile operating systems, with Samsung pulling in one direction and Intel in another, just like they did with Nokia and Meego.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Haven't there been rumours of Samsung pushing Tizen in the future because theyre tired of being Google's B*tch with Android?
    With the money Samsung is making from Android phones i doubt they will push it much. While i am not following the development a lot of things have happened. It was supposed to be EFL based now they make it Qt there was some drama with the code/development and so on.

Leave a comment:

• jumpr
    replied
    Haven't there been rumours of Samsung pushing Tizen in the future because theyre tired of being Google's B*tch with Android?
    Actually they are b*tch and will be b*tch because Android is software and they only (so-so) understand hardware and speed of manufacturing (thus the plastic body). Not even industrial design. They need to burn that much money on marketing to push the Galaxy, it sells thanks to that. And not thanks to TouchWiz but *despite* of that.

Leave a comment:

• jumpr
    replied
    Actually they are b*tch and will be b*tch because Android is software and they only (so-so) understand hardware and speed of manufacturing (thus the plastic body). Not even industrial design. They need to burn that much money on marketing to push the Galaxy, it sells thanks to that. And not thanks to TouchWiz but *despite* of that.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Is there even a sane person left that still believes in Tizen?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X