HP Dev One - A Great, Well Engineered AMD Ryzen Linux Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Actual Dev laptops like the Thinkpad P15 can have up to 128GB of RAM and are intentionally heavy bricks of machines that are desktop replacements, usually combined with some sort of docking station. Though something in the vein of a normal T series is fine too. It's just utterly laughable when Dell and HP are trying to claim ultrabooks as dev class hardware.
    Dev's should have nothing more than the old model RPI Zero, so they can stop making slow and bloated software ...

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post
      In 2022 1080p should only exist on the bottom of the barrel entry level notebooks. Let me tell you my 2560x1600 16:10 on my Lenovo is a godsend.
      I just bought a 12" 2160x1440 monitor for a server and even with the small screen it is quite usable.
      16:9 should have never existed in the first place...
      I would be happy with a high quality 1920x1200 AMOLED display.
      At higher resolutions you end up scaling everyhing up in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

Dev's should have nothing more than the old model RPI Zero, so they can stop making slow and bloated software ...
        If this would be a Windows Forum: Norton Security: hold my beer...

Comment

unfortunately my company is tied to dell - cant really complain but I would love to have this PC. Dell only provides Intel+Nvidia

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
            Why does it have left and right track pad buttons. Does not look nice.
            Some people like using the buttons instead of clicking and dragging on the touchpad.

When using my macbook, the lack of buttons is what bothers me the most. I do not like the click-and-keep-the-pressure-on-the-trackpad when dragging something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

Fortunately Apple sells their notebooks everywhere.
              And they are useless everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

And they are useless everywhere.
                Well, they're a direct competition to this one. My brother has one with M1 and it sets the bar really high.

Comment

Not a single Ryzen 6XXX (H/U)/Intel's 12th gen ADL CPU in the comparison. Are we in 2022 or we are still at the beginning of 2021?

Also on page 3:

The Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U SoC temperature ranged from 1.36 Watts up to 44.1
                  This can't be right

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
                    Some people like using the buttons instead of clicking and dragging on the touchpad.

When using my macbook, the lack of buttons is what bothers me the most. I do not like the click-and-keep-the-pressure-on-the-trackpad when dragging something.
                    I don't know if it works for Apple computers but on all my laptops I've owned so far (however, these are usually quite expensive and not bottom-line models) the touchpad had the ability to be clicked on the lower left/right edge of the pad to initiate a left/right click.
                    So you'd use your left index finger to push down the left corner of the pad and swipe just normally the cursor around with the right index finger. If you're ready to drop whatever you were dragging, just release the left index finger from the pad.

For normal left/right/middle mouse clicks I one/two/three finger tap (no click; although equally possible) on the touchpad.
                    Last edited by reba; 13 June 2022, 05:16 AM.

Comment

16:9 aspect ratio is a bummer, especially for coding. Their latest Elitebooks meanwhile are with 16:10 already.

Comment

Working...
                      X