Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine falling for this crap freetard paranoid scam... hahahahaha

Comment

Wait a second, how many people backed this phone? The Wiki says that the Birch batch is the one that will be shipped to backers (supposedly), and is only about 100 units in size.

Comment

I'm kinda split between getting this $2.000 usd Librem 5 or the $12 bucks NoPhone.

The NoPhone has the advantages that it is toilet bowl resistant (as announced on their website) and does not overheat in my pocket. Basically the rest is all the same, in example neither can be used to make a phone call.

Which one should I choose?

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
          I guess the labor costs are pretty high right in San Francisco. Perhaps they could have set up shop somewhere else in the country and shaved a few hundred dollars off that insane price.
          x2, manufacturing anything in SF seems like a silly proposition. It's too bad, this was actually a product that I was excited about, and offering a USA manufactured model is awesome and something I'd lean towards, but not at a $1999 price point. That's almost 3x the price of the foreign (presumably Chinese) made model. Not sure how they can justify this kind of a markup, as this goes well beyond labor cost differences. A shame, really.

Comment

Are you kidding me?
            At least give me 8GB RAM, large storage and a 1440p OLED (not AMOLED) screen for the price -_-

Wait, I just realized why is it expensive now... Ignore what I said above.
            Last edited by tildearrow; 05 December 2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

That's at least six times more than I'd even be willing to consider paying for a smartphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                Imagine falling for this crap freetard paranoid scam... hahahahaha
                Your sentiments are extremely relevant. With all due respect, you have a spelling mistake, however--the word should be "retard", and not "freetard".

Comment

Originally posted by Cide View Post
                  This company will not exist in Q3 2020.
                  Someone has FINALLY got Todd Weaver figured out.

Congratulations to you!

Now let's hear (more) from the dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks fanboys.
                  Here's a good starting point, all you questionable carbon-based-lifeforms: where is the actual telephone, which, at least, as most people understand the situation, makes, you know, like, phone calls (sorry for lapsing into my 'valley-girl' impression; I realized, too late, that it is WAY too intellectual to apply to the Purism Librem dunderheads. Have someone look THAT word up for you, dunderheads.)

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                    Baguy backers are not shareholders. Silly.

Purism just secured more funding und SPC terms. Clearly this can only happen if California state and bond investors makes this happen.
                    Purism makes premium phones, laptops, mini PCs and servers running free software on PureOS. Purism products respect people's privacy and freedom while protecting their security.

More GNOME mobile
                    By GNOME you mean KDE, right?

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post

Someone has FINALLY got Todd Weaver figured out.

Congratulations to you!

Now let's hear (more) from the dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks fanboys.
                      Here's a good starting point, all you questionable carbon-based-lifeforms: where is the actual telephone, which, at least, as most people understand the situation, makes, you know, like, phone calls (sorry for lapsing into my 'valley-girl' impression; I realized, too late, that it is WAY too intellectual to apply to the Purism Librem dunderheads. Have someone look THAT word up for you, dunderheads.)
                      The phones shipping now are the first batch. They are 'prototypes'. The lack of the ability to make phone calls is more than likely busted software that will get fixed soon if it hasn't already. The later batches, shipping next year, will be more stable. You are just angry because Librem is beginning to hit it's stride. The U.S. prices are definitely absurd, but I expect it's a way of raising additional money so they can scale up manufacturing.

Comment

Working...
                      X