Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    Those 32bit binaries only, are laughable at this age really .

About DX>OGL ports... those most of the time run like shit, it is same situation with ports for Mac . It seems likely that most of the time it is next to *impossibile* for many porters to achieve similar performance out of graphically demanding DX only game .

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @Passso

Does the ICON really matter? For me only the quality of the ports does. And many could be done better.

Witcher 2 is a 32 bit app via a wrapper, can use at max 4 gb ram, crashed very often if you have got 100+ savegames. I really liked that game and it ran with simple settings fast enough with my 650 Ti, but i can not rate it flawlessly at all. It has lots of potential to improve.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Passso View Post
    A single little Tux icon beside the Steam Os one would be welcomed.
    (If I remember well it was...)
    And one gnu icon besides tux icon, that should be more proper While, Android should have tux only icon

Does Playstation have Daemon icon?

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    Originally posted by storma View Post
    Debian <icon>, Ubuntu <icon>, Arch <icon>, SteamOS <icon> and they all are???
    A single little Tux icon beside the Steam Os one would be welcomed.
    (If I remember well it was...)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by storma View Post
    It is not a question what those *are*, but what is (best) supported

SteamOS.
    Last edited by dungeon; 05 March 2015, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• storma
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    No need, point is "it is not Linux not even GNU/Linux, but SteamOS." And why...

It does metter and it is good to say that, thus avoiding linux distributions fragmentation issue... better way to say "your Linux from Scratch instalation is basically not supported! It might work, but you should know your thing, not us"

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    There I fixed it for you:
    No need, point is "it is not Linux not even GNU/Linux, but SteamOS." And why...

Seriously, does that even matter?
    It does metter and it is good to say that, thus avoiding linux distributions fragmentation issue... better way to say "your Linux from Scratch instalation is basically not supported! It might work, but you should know your thing, not us"

Leave a comment:

• Passso
    replied
    Originally posted by clementl View Post
    They have improved that port since then.
    I agree, Witcher 2 now runs flawlessly on my computer

Got it working with streaming on the TV with a Wiimote -> sooo good
    Last edited by Passso; 05 March 2015, 06:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    While new games on linux are welcome, this is marketing BS. Phoronix says "a lot of new linux games". Valve says may of the most popular games. Then I look at the page and it's only approx. 50 of them, most of which are noname/indie/not so popular/not new. This is a good start, but nothing fancy. The big publishers are still nowhere to be found.

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    These games are all under the SteamOS sale, but do the sales count as Linux sales for titles not yet released for Linux? Does anyone have any idea?
    You need to use the Steam interface anyway, what OS are you running it on? I guess that's the one that counts

There I fixed it for you:
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Yeah, as expected they starts to advertising SteamOS more explicitly not GNU/Linux.
    Seriously, does that even matter?

Originally posted by sbolokanov View Post
    the witcha 3
    i don't know if this is good or not that good, given witcha 2 history (read „port“ here)...
    I can't find the exact post ( here somewhere https://github.com/virtual-programmi...2-linux/issues ), but the eON dude mentioned getting their layer up on par for DX10/DX11 compatibility...
    Last edited by Licaon; 05 March 2015, 05:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X