X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smdias
    replied
    Originally posted by laykun View Post
    I wonder if these statistics include people running the Windows Steam client under wine. I have incredibly good success running all my big title Steam games under linux (except DayZ) with decent performance. This is with the CSMT patches which make a massive playability difference for a majority of my games. I'm actually able to play CS:GO through wine and play competitively ... across triple monitors ( 5760x1200 ).
    Yes, that was going to be my question too. I'm playing three Windows games on Steam via PlayOnLinux, since there is no Linux version of the game available. Do I show up as a Windows user or a Linux user?
    Last edited by smdias; 04 May 2014, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Max Spain
    replied
    I finally received a survey for the first time since I started using Steam on Linux

I think they might have fixed that bug.

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Yeah but the Linux version of Skype is not as featured and has a weird and confusing UI.
    I also had some problems webcamming with my girlfriend.
    Also when playing web cam in fullscreen, it lags and is slow.
    What exactly is missing? It was pretty much the case before microsoft bought them, but since then (which is quite funny :-D) it's quite stable and has all the important features. AFAIK the features that are missing are facebook and outlook integration and group video calls.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by zimano View Post
    Not sure about the others but Skype on Linux is loads nicer than it is on Windows. The Windows version takes up loads of screen space and is ugly.
    Yeah but the Linux version of Skype is not as featured and has a weird and confusing UI.
    I also had some problems webcamming with my girlfriend.
    Also when playing web cam in fullscreen, it lags and is slow.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by zimano View Post
    Not sure about the others but Skype on Linux is loads nicer than it is on Windows. The Windows version takes up loads of screen space and is ugly.
    I agree. I also think Mumble is a better alternative to Teamspeak/Ventrilo. I haven't used TS since version 2, though.

Leave a comment:

• zimano
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Windows is a better gaming platform, the drivers are more stable, the performance is better, there are more games, and it have more stuff that gamers care about such as Skype, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, etc which doesn't exist for Linux or are of subpar quality.

Leave a comment:

• grndzro
    replied
    Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
    Year of Linux. Callin' it.
    Me too. From how fast AMD has been working on drivers it is clear that the improved Linux driver and Wayland support will arrive with Kernel 3.16.

NV won't rest on its laurels either. They are probably working on their own kernel patch to match AMD. NV might also be working on a new OGL extension to multithread the graphics in order to trump AMD.

Good things ahead I think.

Leave a comment:

• laykun
    replied
    I wonder if these statistics include people running the Windows Steam client under wine. I have incredibly good success running all my big title Steam games under linux (except DayZ) with decent performance. This is with the CSMT patches which make a massive playability difference for a majority of my games. I'm actually able to play CS:GO through wine and play competitively ... across triple monitors ( 5760x1200 ).

Leave a comment:

• FourDMusic
    replied
    Year of Linux. Callin' it.

Leave a comment:

• cliff
    replied
    No help from me

I haven't signed into my steam recently due to my Debian Testing Crashing and burning. The 790 Debian updates failed to install then I tried reinstalling it and now it wont even boot. Boo Hoo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X