Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F i L
    replied
    Simply awesome. Can't wait for next week's news.

Leave a comment:

• Serge
    replied
    Very interesting talk. When I first saw that the Valve on Linux rumours were for real, I thought Valve was insane to want to come here. But watching Newell explain how walled gardens hurt software vendors financially makes me think that any software vendor NOT getting behind Linux is shortsighted.

Leave a comment:

• madjr
    replied
    O man I love this guy.

HAIL !

Leave a comment:

• doom_Oo7
    replied
    All hail Lord Gaben !

Leave a comment:

• iniudan
    replied
    Nice to see my post coming to the front page so fast, barely just finished watching. =)

After watching through the speech doesn't bring much new information, but there is few interesting element, like their motivation has to why they think Linux gaming is the future and that they are working on a LLVM debugger (think that one was already previously announced, so might be old information). And most interesting they are supposed to have new information on how they plan to proceed next week, which might involve hardware from how it was announced, so possible Steambox news.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Up Linux For Gaming

Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Up Linux For Gaming

Phoronix: Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Up Linux For Gaming

Gabe Newell was one of the prominent speakers today during the first day of LinuxCon in New Orleans. Here's an upload of his presentation where he's trumpeting the benefits of Linux for servers and gaming. Gabe believes, "Linux is the future of gaming."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X