X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by Crane View Post
    Am I the only one that sees the computer differences here? The ATI is a Dual quad core with 4 gig of ram and the nvidia is a dual core with 2 gig of ram.
    How can this possibly determine ATI has better performance? Why not just swap the cards and use the same computer to get a legit test?
    Read the first page of this thread. There will be a fair performance comparison article in the future, as Michael stated.

Leave a comment:

• Crane
    replied
    Am I the only one that sees the computer differences here? The ATI is a Dual quad core with 4 gig of ram and the nvidia is a dual core with 2 gig of ram.
    How can this possibly determine ATI has better performance? Why not just swap the cards and use the same computer to get a legit test?

Leave a comment:

• jron
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It's all a matter of what cards we have access to.
    Very understandable. =) I only asked because I am pricing a midrange ATI video card for a new Linux box and the 2600XT seems to be the best bang for the buck (assuming ATI keeps impressing with their new found Linux love).

Some good conclusions can be drawn from Tom's Hardware DX10 Shootout.

Thanks for the new details!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by jron View Post
    Why not test the 2600XT? The cost is approximately the same as the Pro model. I doubt anyone would buy the Pro over the XT.
    It's all a matter of what cards we have access to.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    We will be doing cross-vendor direct benchmarks shorty (including more cards).

Leave a comment:

• jron
    replied
    Why not test the 2600XT? The cost is approximately the same as the Pro model. I doubt anyone would buy the Pro over the XT.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It is not possible to compare ATI + NVIDIA results, the test systems are extremly different.

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    P.S. Do you plan on adding faster cards to the mix? (E.g.8800GT?)

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    We'll be having more benchmarks with direct cross-vendor benchmarking shortly.
    How about adding Windows XP to the mix? While I haven't tested it myself (I'm waiting for the 8800GT/RV670 to be release... my 6800GT will most likely won't cut it on a 24" display...) a friend of mine did a short benchmark on his 7600GT/Athlon64X2/19"/1280x1024 setup, and the Linux version was ~20% slower.

Can you confirm it?

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• ioannis
    replied
    We'll be having more benchmarks with direct cross-vendor benchmarking shortly.
    oh! snap :-D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X