Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2kx
    replied
    Non-Debian distributions should use the new .tar.gz: http://repo.steampowered.com/steam/a..._latest.tar.gz

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Seems a little out dated in Arch [multilib] the latest version is 1.0.0.25 not 22.
    I have not tried nor tested this link.

Steam is working fine though, I installed steam when it still was on the open build service, from opensuse.

Then last week updated it, with the installer script, which is no longer available.

Because I have nothing to do with the making of the rpm, I have no idea why an older version of Arch is used.

I am just a openSUSE user, who noticed nobody was talking with Valve, so I stepped in and solved that.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @DeepDayze

For systems with older libc6 just run my script as root + user, if you use libc6 from experimental only as root:

I wrote the first version of this script as soon as it was discovered that you don't need a beta account to use steam I even packaged fglrx-legacy 13.1 and fglrx 13.2 beta 3 for Kanotix Dragonfire... of course with full kernel 3.8 support.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by Gps4l View Post
    There were some concern with openSUSE too, but I managed to bring the right people form SUSE (not openSUSE) and Valve together.

The rpm for opensuse has returned:

http://software.opensuse.org/package/steam
    Seems a little out dated in Arch [multilib] the latest version is 1.0.0.25 not 22.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Now if Debian takes this it should go into the non-free repo..would be great if a .deb is provided too

Leave a comment:

• Gps4l
    replied
    There were some concern with openSUSE too, but I managed to bring the right people form SUSE (not openSUSE) and Valve together.

The rpm for opensuse has returned:

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    There's been some issues with the Steam client in terms of automation. I haven't checked in a couple weeks though to see if the issues I hit were resolved. Basically, Steam wouldn't exit cleanly after test execution.
    JUST DO IT. Even if it means doing it manually

I am really curious to see how it runs with the open drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    I miss some benchmarks. Michael, you're still not allowed to post them, or are you waiting on something else?
    There's been some issues with the Steam client in terms of automation. I haven't checked in a couple weeks though to see if the issues I hit were resolved. Basically, Steam wouldn't exit cleanly after test execution.

Leave a comment:

• [Knuckles]
    replied
    I miss some benchmarks. Michael, you're still not allowed to post them, or are you waiting on something else?

Leave a comment:

• tweak42
    replied
    I'm not so impressed with the number of titles available but excited that steam client developement is progressing nicely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X