Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allquixotic
    replied
    Admirable goals, but good luck implementing them (especially, the library compatibility) without stagnating or forking so far from other Linux distros as to be a total outsider.

Leave a comment:

• jakubo
    replied
    so theres hardly gonna be wayland adoption due to focus on integration of binary drivers in the next few releases...
    I like that they take the issue seriously and that they dont want to dissappoint valves trust, though.
    i guess browsing through bug reports and listening to the forums and irc will have to get a much higher priority.
    I must say that i very much doubt that they will get their hands dirty on low level work.

Leave a comment:

• emptythevoid
    replied
    If they really make work on these points (especially on Unity), gaming or no, I think it'll be great.

Leave a comment:

• Tiger_Coder
    replied
    Well those are killer feature for me. I just hope their improvements are not meant for Unity only; KDE/Kubuntu also get the resolution reset feature.

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
    Well I have this thing called .. low-jitter kernel

Relay it to the ubuntu folks, I`m banned in their forum. I think I called someone gay or something.
    Are you sure it wasn't for spamming?

Leave a comment:

• rafirafi
    replied
    What ?

They're begining to try to solve these problems 7 years after launching ubuntu... okay, I'll begin to pay for ubuntu in 7 years too.

Leave a comment:

• F i L
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)
    Well it's good that (due to Valve, Humble-Bundle, and Unity) something's finally being done about it.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    That's funny - they almost verbatim reiterate a list of main linux problems ;-)

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Process clean-up actions seems important. I was left with a 640x480 screen several times in the past when something goes wrong or even when exiting a game normally.

Leave a comment:

• rudl
    replied
    yeah, and also network latency, could be a killer feature.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X