X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
    I am one of the Alien Arena developers and would be happy to add any features needed to help support benchmarking. Just putting that out there.
    I brought it up with John Diamond before but he didn't seem interested to do anything about it after a few emails... This was probably two or three years ago though. If you could implement a timed demo mode similar to the idTech titles, etc that would be terrific! I think there may have been in the code in CRX at one point but was broken.

Leave a comment:

• MaxToTheMax
    replied
    I am one of the Alien Arena developers and would be happy to add any features needed to help support benchmarking. Just putting that out there.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    @Michael

why not integrate a benchmark based on the TA-Spring engine?

sure we know this is "work" but maybe just ask for donation to do this?

I?m sure you will get more readers because TA-Spring engine is used by many gamers world wide.

and with high settings you really need fast hardware.
    Because as far as I know there still is no proper automated support for handling it within the Spring engine compared to other open-source engines. And I don't see enough donations coming in for it to be worthwhile to add support to the Spring engine myself.

I don't see it bringing in any significant number of new readers... You're the only one that's ever even requested it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    I tip on AlienArena and Xonotic.

OpenArena is missing some essential finacial things and is not developed since 2010.

Also, phoronix-test-suite is apparently capable to frag! Is this a new "feature"?

It turns out there's actually a new OpenArena release from this year that I discovered today when writing this article... It does have GLSL support, better bloom, and a few other refinements. Here's a result file showing the old OpenArena 0.8.5 versus the new OpenArena 0.8.8 results, the frame-rate drops a lot - http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PTS-NEWOPENA54

The test profile is already available for those who want: http://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/openarena-1.5.0

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    I tip on AlienArena and Xonotic.

OpenArena is missing some essential finacial things and is not developed since 2010.

Also, phoronix-test-suite is apparently capable to frag! Is this a new "feature"?

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Tests I'm most interested in:
    OpenCL tests comparing GTX580/GTX680, Radeon 68xx/69xx/79xx.

Power/idle usage are also useful. I don't care as much about the max graphics performance, as I'm sure it's probably fine, but the GPU compute speed interests me greatly.

Leave a comment:

• jiero
    replied
    Zero-K for now

But this is more CPU intensive rather than GPU side. Its game for logics rather than for eyes.

Another game using same engine, Evolution RTS.

Both built-upon SpringRTS engine.

Leave a comment:

• downer
    replied
    Download Stunt Rally for free. (OLD) Stunt Rally game with Track Editor, based on VDrift and OGRE. ARCHIVE ONLY - For Old Releases. Latest releases: https://github.com/stuntrally/stuntrally/releases Homepage: https://stuntrally.tuxfamily.org/

Good graphics, especially with the settings turned all up, and now multiplayer.

Based on Doom 3, but not another FPS and has nice editor.

Leave a comment:

• Nobu
    replied
    I want to see TA-Spring and 0A.D. merge somehow. I think the result would be interesting.

+1 for [del]C&C[/del] TA-Spring 1944; Fight, win, prevail!

Leave a comment:

• hubick
    replied
    WTF, no Tux Racer?? ;(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X