X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dhewg
    replied
    Originally posted by Setlec View Post
    it's a bit premature to ask that, imo. let dhewg do what he thinks is the best for his modified engine. Once he consider to have reach a certain point he might do that! of simple you can clone his git tree and you could work into implementing that if you are a coder ofc.
    Nah, its okay.
    The primary issue is that I don't know GL well enough, so I barely touched any renderer stuff in the tree (well apart from cleanups and refactoring).
    I actually have an older patch for sikkmod against my tree, but I can't tell if that's the way to go. What I can say is that most options from that mod make the performance suck on r600g.
    But anyone is welcome to improve the code and submit patches/pull requests

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    Originally posted by christian_frank View Post
    Any chance you can implemt parts of the "Sikkmod" doom3 mod ? It really pimps the graphic of the game. Sadly the mod
    is only availible for windows right now ..

Maybe you can implemt it directly into your version or simply build the mod for Linux ?
    This would be really fantastic !

Here is the link:

Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for id Software's 2004 FPS: Doom 3. Its main purposes are to update visuals of Doom 3 to a more modern level and to allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles all while...

The source is included in the tarball.

Thanks a lot,
    christiaj
    it's a bit premature to ask that, imo. let dhewg do what he thinks is the best for his modified engine. Once he consider to have reach a certain point he might do that! of simple you can clone his git tree and you could work into implementing that if you are a coder ofc.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    dhewg, i've been following your git for dhewm3 which is amazing! Major KUDOS for you! truly well done!

Leave a comment:

• christian_frank
    replied
    Any chance you can implemt parts of the "Sikkmod" doom3 mod ? It really pimps the graphic of the game. Sadly the mod
    is only availible for windows right now ..

Maybe you can implemt it directly into your version or simply build the mod for Linux ?
    This would be really fantastic !

Here is the link:

Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for id Software's 2004 FPS: Doom 3. Its main purposes are to update visuals of Doom 3 to a more modern level and to allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles all while...

The source is included in the tarball.

Thanks a lot,
    christiaj

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    What hardware were you using for this?
    Radeon 6850 and i5-3570K at stock clocks.

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    Originally posted by dhewg View Post
    I started playing with wayland, and fixed/improved the SDL2 wayland video driver.

Since capturing videos with wl is a breeze (and we all love videos): preview
    What hardware were you using for this?

Leave a comment:

• allquixotic
    replied
    The video quality and FPS on Wayland is stunning. I have NEVER seen OpenGL-intense gaming (presumably on an open source graphics driver?!?) with such a smooth framerate on the free desktop. I think you've just hit a milestone, buddy. Major kudos to you!

I'll be trying to reproduce your results on Ivy Bridge shortly (this weekend).

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    I started playing with wayland, and fixed/improved the SDL2 wayland video driver.

Since capturing videos with wl is a breeze (and we all love videos): preview

Leave a comment:

• towo2099
    replied
    Originally posted by dhewg View Post
    Are you trying to use custom assets?
    Are all pk4 files present and up to date? See here
    The pk4-files came from the 3 cd set.

Edit: Now i have installed the files from patch 1.3.1 and the game seems to run now.
    Last edited by towo2099; 15 January 2012, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dhewg
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    can someone explain me the strange name? "dhewm3 " ??
    Doom -> Dewm, mixed with my nick. Just because of the lack of a better name.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X