Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    Did not try the game but the video looks just like a wipeout clone. Do you support xbox 360 pads out of the box on Linux?

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    First game I bought with Desura, congratulations on the release!

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    Yea, I saw it on Desura this morning.

Leave a comment:

• CoreCode
    replied
    don't think its a patent thing FSAA/MSAA is very trivial, and according to http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature it is already being implemented, just nowhere near finished.

btw. the game has been released now for linux on desura http://www.desura.com/games/corebreach and gameolith and ubuntu's software center will follow soon. hope to see a phoronix story about this soon ;-)

thanks to everyone helping with the testing!

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Mesa does not support FSAA at all unfortunately The next release will support MLAA though.
    It's probably one of those patent things..
    This really sucks for us people on older hardware that won't be able to use MLAA.. what are we supposed to do for our AA?? Still no alternative to Catalyst drivers for AA as MSAA is still not supported by r300g.

Bah humbug. Still running Catalyst 9.3 drivers from 2009 to get my MSAA... and some newer games causes the whole PC to lock-up entirely because of these buggy 9.3 Catalyst drivers... /cry. They'll have to pull my Catalyst 9.3 drivers out of my cold dead hands because I won't give up MSAA unless there's an alternative to it.
    Last edited by Sidicas; 19 December 2011, 05:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CoreCode
    replied
    does anyone have a laptop with "NVIDIA? Optimus? technology"?

Leave a comment:

• CoreCode
    replied
    I think this is part of the same problem? At least it seems similar to the other problem, it affects all Mesa drivers in 7.11 but seems to be working fine in git master.
    yes most likely.

Mesa does not support FSAA at all unfortunately
    ouch ;(

thanks, i've appended some information. hope they pick up some pace on their bugs

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by CoreCode View Post
    thanks, i've attached my information.

btw there seem to be some other problems with the game on MESA/ATI at least with the Gallium 0.4 driver version from ubuntu 10.11

?*with the normal (dynamic lighting) shader, the shadows below the main ship don't show up. disabling the "explensive shadows" (i.e. shadowmaps) from the video preferences may work around it?l
    I think this is part of the same problem? At least it seems similar to the other problem, it affects all Mesa drivers in 7.11 but seems to be working fine in git master.

Originally posted by CoreCode View Post
    ? i can't seem to be able to create a context with FSAA enabled, the game automatically falls back to no-FSAA...ugly.
    l
    Mesa does not support FSAA at all unfortunately The next release will support MLAA though.

Anyway, I filed a bunch of bugs about the problems with the Intel driver:

Leave a comment:

• CoreCode
    replied
    Filed a bug about static lightning in case you want to be in the loop:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43520
    thanks, i've attached my information.

btw there seem to be some other problems with the game on MESA/ATI at least with the Gallium 0.4 driver version from ubuntu 10.11

?*with the normal (dynamic lighting) shader, the shadows below the main ship don't show up. disabling the "explensive shadows" (i.e. shadowmaps) from the video preferences may work around it?
    ? i can't seem to be able to create a context with FSAA enabled, the game automatically falls back to no-FSAA...ugly.
    l

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Filed a bug about static lightning in case you want to be in the loop:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X