• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Why is the old b24 linked now?
    No earthly idea. Not MY or Daniel's doing, I can assure you.

I'll check into it, gang, and get back with you. (Well, that'd explain the mystery repeat of the issues from the original release...sigh...)

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Why is the old b24 linked now?

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by jophos View Post
    Whoops! I assumed that because both my copy and that which is linked to by HIB:2 are named as build 24, that the fix hadn't be released yet.

I ran the uninstall script from my original build and then installed a freshly downloaded version linked to by the Humble Bundle site, yet I still get the same error.
    Hm... That's the problem with the original code. It only shows it's ugly head when you have Intel on 64-bit and some of the later libc versions- but ONLY on those configurations. AMD, earlier libc, no problem occurs. The uninstall from the old script might've oopsed something since it wasn't working QUITE right (Older version of MojoSetup...) when you put spaces into the install path. Try running the uninstall again, then nuke the directory completely if it still exists, and then try with the b24-12162010 version of the binary.

Let me know if you're still having problems. Be more than happy to help you work through them.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    I managed to miss out the middle of the thread. I should know better .
    Happens...

I'm afraid I cannot remember the exact process, but I did uninstall pulseaudio rather than disabling it. I also uninstalled gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio and ran gstreamer-properties, then changed the defaults to Alsa. I imagine that I should have changed the OpenAL settings before, but I am still slightly surprised that Osmos did not work out to use Alsa by itself.
    That's because OpenAL isn't set up to help you there. You've got to explicitly iterate through the list <*waves hand*> OR rely on .alsoftrc to tell you which is the default. Osmos probably uses the latter option as it's a bit clumsy if you're not using an OpenAL sound engine wrapper like I am.

RE the Cortex Commmand problem; it is the same as that mentioned by Xipeos on page 3. I actually read about this before I installed *facepalm*. I will just have to wait for the next build.
    "The next build" should be up already. Re-download and if there's a problem there still let me know. Since you discombobulated Pulse the "right" way, it should just roll-over to ALSA properly. If not, report THAT...

Leave a comment:

• jophos
    replied
    Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
    Svartalf fixed both problems (that I mentioned) in the new build (b24-12162010). Re-download and it'll be fine .
    Whoops! I assumed that because both my copy and that which is linked to by HIB:2 are named as build 24, that the fix hadn't be released yet.

I ran the uninstall script from my original build and then installed a freshly downloaded version linked to by the Humble Bundle site, yet I still get the same error.

Abortion in file ../System/ContentFile.cpp, line 576, because:
    Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:
    Base.rte/GUIs/Skins/MainMenu/text

Leave a comment:

• Xipeos
    replied
    RE the Cortex Commmand problem; it is the same as that mentioned by Xipeos on page 3. I actually read about this before I installed *facepalm*. I will just have to wait for the next build.
    Svartalf fixed both problems (that I mentioned) in the new build (b24-12162010). Re-download and it'll be fine .

Leave a comment:

• jophos
    replied
    Originally posted by m_gol View Post
    This issue has been already addressed in this thread, it's just because Machinarium is bundled with a 32-bit Flash Player, you need to unbundle it creating an *.swf file and run it with a 64-bit Flash Player. Look at previous pages for the solution.
    I managed to miss out the middle of the thread. I should know better .

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    How did you disable/remove PulseAudio?
    I'm afraid I cannot remember the exact process, but I did uninstall pulseaudio rather than disabling it. I also uninstalled gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio and ran gstreamer-properties, then changed the defaults to Alsa. I imagine that I should have changed the OpenAL settings before, but I am still slightly surprised that Osmos did not work out to use Alsa by itself.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by m_gol View Post
    I know packaging an own Flash version has its pluses but they could also provide *both* executable & an SWF file, that would be the easiest solution IMHO.
    That's kind of what I'm going to suggest to them. Think of most of these studios as being a bit of a "newbie" at this sort of thing on Linux, even if they've been using Linux for a while.

Leave a comment:

• m_gol
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    I'll see what I can do to whisper in their ears about packaging so it plays nicely without the hacking we've come up with in the forum here.
    I know packaging an own Flash version has its pluses but they could also provide *both* executable & an SWF file, that would be the easiest solution IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    The only other problem I have at the moment is Cortex Command crashes at startup. I am not at the computer at the moment, so will post the message when I get back home. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64.
    How did you disable/remove PulseAudio?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X