X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Again a dozen of lame and stupid excuses as to why the Linux market share in gaming (and overall on the desktop) is non-existent and no one sees an elephant in the room: Linux as a desktop OS sucks ass. You just cannot expect people to move to an OS with so many wonderful features and quirks.

Say, you want to have something very simple akin to Windows file sharing in Linux. How would you do that? There are many other petty little things which might look insignificant but people depend their lives on them.
    can you please join and troll another community?
    nobody is forcing you to use the sucking ass OS and with every of your posts you are constantly annoying other forum users. This is a community for Linux enthusiasts and, believe of not, we all know that in some areas Linux might (still) "sucks" ass, we (as enthusiasts) don't care of simply get over it (many work for free to improve the status quo). I'm tired of feeding the (you) troll but if you're so frustrated just enjoy what you've got (Mac, Win, Whatever OS). Your constant whinging is not a contribution

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Wayland clients talk to the compositor and request a buffer. The compositor will hand them back a buffer that they can draw into, using OpenGL, cairo, or whatever. The compositor is at the discretion to do whatever it wants with that buffer – display it normally because it’s awesome, set it on fire because the application is being annoying, or spin it on a cube because we need more YouTube videos of Linux cube spinning.

Buffer is a 2D plane/array made of pixels.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I don't know how many times you have linked to this list... but to be honest this point is clearly wrong:

Yes, you are here to promote Windows.

Also, this one makes no sense at all:
    I've been posting this link for almost 10 years now - has anything changed since then? Not really. All the primary issues remain. Three bugs leading to catastrophic data loss for the past 12 months in the Linux kernel? That's for the worse, unfortunately.

Promote Windows? LOL. Have you actually been to this "bad" website? There's a nice article about Windows on it as well. Though not nearly as long and disparaging.

Makes no sense at all? You mean facts don't make sense to you? Well, that's not my problem - that's yours.

Try harder next time.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol

Is there an official statement how Steam Survey counts Windows games played under Proton in Linux: as a Linux session, or as a Windows session?

Exists there reliable data showing how Steam Proton market share compares to market share of native Linux ports?
    That is only known to the publishers so there we have to wait until some of them releases such data if ever (and then we would only know the stats for that very publisher). That said there are official statements from Valve that playing with Proton will be recorded as a Linux sale and not a Windows sale.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I don't know how many times you have linked to this list... but to be honest this point is clearly wrong:

• If you think I'm here to promote Windows or Mac OS, please close this page.
    Yes, you are here to promote Windows.

Also, this one makes no sense at all:

Wayland works through rasterization of pixels which brings about two very bad critical problems which will never be solved

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Yes, the point is that even with SteamPlay, it's a little bit more involved than clicking install and playing the game, so the user friendliness isn't there. I guess the only safe assumption to make is that average users are brain dead, and anything more involved than that is too much.
    I don't think the average gamer is an average user. The majority of gamers using Steam, Epic Store, etc. are quite skilled, actually. That said, they should enable SteamPlay by default (with the option of turning it off).

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Heh. Got my first survey in a year 12 hours ago...which was 2nd survey since 2013...
    Yeah, they sure take their sweet time giving everyone a chance to fill out the survey. Been a Steam member since 2013 and they only picked me once, in 2014.

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    The IBM-Microsoft-Nvidia partnership does everything to prevent the Linux gaming success.
    debianxfce - of those reporting posts and complaining about abusive behavior / ranting, you are currently number one on that list of people complaining about forum content. You are officially warned and kindly asked to refrain from instigating / abusive forum posts otherwise bans / ignores, etc, may be in place.

@Micheal,
    can you please do something?
    anyone can do some shit posting/talking sometimes but this is pure/heavy/systematic trolling at the expense of the community.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• paupav
    replied
    Who even cares about market share. Only thing modt of us care about is that linux desktop is improving, which it is.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by jntesteves View Post

I guess you haven't played on windows in a while. Many games released before 10 that didn't receive patches since, require you to search forums for manual fixes that involve replacing DLLs in the game's folder and sometimes even installing some third party system software developed by some unknown kid on the internet. The situation is simply ridiculous to try to play older games on windows, so I guess soon or possibly already, Linux runs more games than windows 10 and in an easier and well supported way. Many PC gamers are used to modding their games, I guess it's acceptable to ask them to toggle a switch.
    Yes, and old habits die hard. There's some learning involved to be able to use GNU/Linux properly, and that takes effort.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X