X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superppl
    replied
    Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    If that's what you currently have, you should really consider flashing it with DDWRT firmware, MUCH better than the LinkSys one.
    Nah, that's what I should have bought! Anything can top the trash I'm stuck with, but it's a long story why I can't replace it. Yet. It might get involved in an accident involving itself, a hard stop, and a hammer.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by me262 View Post
    They've earned it. After how they've been too tight-lipped, and how they've handled the linux client questions. I suppose the fact that they came across a monster of a problem that's delayed the project to well over a year would fit in there too.
    Heh... Just keep in mind...even though they've justifiably earned scorn from us about this, they're going to REMEMBER it when they do anything else. If you don't care about what they make, it's probably cool to heap it on 'em. UT3's shaping up to be not so hot a deal, with them putting more of their efforts into GoW. But if they happen to come up with something worth messing with and think about doing a Linux version, they're going to remember all that scorn and derision and not equate it against the failure that is UT3 but our community.

Food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    BTW, Good Old Games (gog.com) is now selling all the older unreal games 100% DRM free. Maybe buying in big quantities their old games while skipping on UT3 would send a message to them that they dont appreciate being told to wait indefinitely.
    Last edited by xav1r; 26 November 2008, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by Forge View Post
    And then there are those of us who were doubly stupid and bought UT3 on Steam. Both of those were expected to be Linux native by now, at various points. :O
    The only conclusion we can draw here is: Don't buy on Promises, buy on Delivery. I bought both (yeah kind of stupid of me) UT2K3 and UT2K4 because they had the Linux installer on the CDs/DVD. I bought UT99 GOTY when I still ran Windows, and there were Linux binaries for it, pretty much ever since I was able to have 3D acceleration in Linux (a rarity was to play UT99 on Linux in Glide, rather than OpenGL, if the game was meant to play really nice in Glide in Windows, it really played extremely well in Glide on Linux with a Voodoo 3). At any rate, the fact that the Linux binaries did make it to the game's media for UT2K* was the motor behind me buying those, even when you could consider that UT2K3 was the actual game, and UT2K4 was sort of a service pack to it...

Leave a comment:

• me262
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Heh... What've I been telling you gang? (BTB...Callin' them "Epic Fail" isn't exactly being nice, ya know... )
    They've earned it. After how they've been too tight-lipped, and how they've handled the linux client questions. I suppose the fact that they came across a monster of a problem that's delayed the project to well over a year would fit in there too.

Leave a comment:

• Forge
    replied
    And then there are those of us who were doubly stupid and bought UT3 on Steam. Both of those were expected to be Linux native by now, at various points. :O

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    Hmmm, this gives me an idea, why not start a "Dissapointed linux users who bought UT3 in hopes for a linux client selling-off/trading their windows-only UT3 game" thread. Sorta like a classified ads deals, etc. Maybe it would generate many views.
    Actually that doesn't sound as crazy as you might think... Most of the hostile response from the Linux community towards Epic was exactly from folks that actually bought the game in the hopes (pretty sure) that there was going to be a Linux client released soon after its initial release. I actually was one of such users, but the minute I heard that the client was delayed, I canceled my order of the game.

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Originally posted by Setlec View Post
    I'm trying to trade UT3 (original, used only twice) for LOTR Battle for middle-earth 2 expansion, here in brazil...
    Hmmm, this gives me an idea, why not start a "Dissapointed linux users who bought UT3 in hopes for a linux client selling-off/trading their windows-only UT3 game" thread. Sorta like a classified ads deals, etc. Maybe it would generate many views.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    I'm trying to trade UT3 (original, used only twice) for LOTR Battle for middle-earth 2 expansion, here in brazil...

Leave a comment:

• TOGGI3
    replied
    oops turned out I missed this thread and posted in the 9 months one.

yeah, it seems the client will never release at this point, utter vaporware. Best to focus on other games and not recommend epic's products if you disapprove of their incompetence and lack of information to their paying consumers. I don't intend on buying another epic game for a long time.

I might be or might have been convinced otherwise if epic would be more verbal about the situation and give us updates on it, but it looks like that wont happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X