Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LydianKnight
    replied
    It's interesting that GVFS will be used, replacing Gnome-VFS in the GNOME applications but that leaves me with a serious concern...

I tend to build my Linux systems from scratch using the LFS/CLFS guidelines with a bit of modifiers, and taking into account many GTK+/GNOME applications (like audacious and so on) may rely on Gnome-VFS...

Will I have to install both of them? or maybe GVFS will provide some kind of compatibility (maybe with headers and structures to 'emulate' of serve as kind of transport for regular Gnome-VFS request for file access) to be able to not install Gnome-VFS?

Julio

Leave a comment:

• Lobais
    replied
    System plotting and Chess

I'm mostly looking forward to the gnome-system-manager updates by Karl Lattimer: http://www.qdh.org.uk/wordpress/?p=194 if at least they get included.

Also internet chess for glchess will be interesting, even though I'll probably still prefer pychess.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Eight Interesting Improvements In GNOME 2.22

Eight Interesting Improvements In GNOME 2.22

Phoronix: Eight Interesting Improvements In GNOME 2.22

Back in November we started sharing some of the exciting features planned for the GNOME 2.22 and 2.24 releases, and now that the first GNOME 2.22.0 Beta release is planned for later this week, we have taken another look at the packages set for inclusion and the changes that have actually been made. While nothing groundbreaking will be introduced in GNOME 2.22, this desktop environment does have some moderate changes worth noting. In this article are eight interesting packages that either have noticeable changes since GNOME 2.20 or are new to GNOME. This list isn't all-inclusive or ordered in any particular fashion, but just eight changes that had caught our attention.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X