X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funkSTAR
    replied
    Thank you

Thank you for proving my point; The Qt ecosystem is indeed infected by non free components. In fact Digia is basing their business on being non free. And anyone signing the CLA is contributing to this.

But I guess thats fine by most Qt contributors anyway. They are assigning all your rights to Mr Elop and smiling at the same time. They looove him

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    Please grant me a copy of Qt Commercial Charts licensed under LGPL. Im looking forward to this immense justification of your claims.

Off course the opposite applies as well: No LGPL implies Digia is screwing open source and you are screwing the phoronix forums by using false claims.

BTW here is a hint for you.
    http://www.digia.com/en/Blogs/Qt-blo...inal-Released/
    your point?? that link is just an commercial add on that happens to use QT!!! and check calligra they have some nice chart coding done too (is kde/Qt API), digia can do whatever the hell they want with their propietary licensed version of QT what they can't do is hide/remove/delete/prohibit/etc the use of the LGPL one that is hosted in qt-project.org. So they responsability and (best of interest) is to keep the core libraries synced but no one really care if they keep some fancy or unused(by the OSS side) features alive between releases to please propietary apps that need more time to migrate their apps, so i wouldn't care if they keep qtquick 1.0 (for example) alive in qt5 commercial version.

so is not like there is 1 version of QT in fact is 2 one maintained by nokia/community/digia in qt-project.org and another private in digia wich they sync back from qt-project.org, so in the worst case scenario we don't even have to fork since they can't touch qt-project.org so don't worry

Leave a comment:

• funkSTAR
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
    Haha either that or somebody doesn't understand how the open source community works
    Please grant me a copy of Qt Commercial Charts licensed under LGPL. Im looking forward to this immense justification of your claims.

Off course the opposite applies as well: No LGPL implies Digia is screwing open source and you are screwing the phoronix forums by using false claims.

BTW here is a hint for you.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Qt 5.0 Beta Likely Coming In Early August

After facing some delays, the Qt 5.0 Beta will likely be published in early August...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0NTM
    Does anyone know how to find out the percentage of commits done by purely community (non-paid) members?

Leave a comment:

• jvillain
    replied
    So Wayland, Weston, X, Qt all seem to be in a position where they can be cobbled together to create the next generation video stack even if not feature complete or stable. What is still missing?

Leave a comment:

• CTown
    replied
    The Qt ecosystem now with even less focus on:

Software freedom
    Linux
    Desktop

Yeahyeah we all know by now that Nokia is a raving mad house and Digia is offering nothing but "added value" and benefits to commercial clients.
    This is going to be the most open release of Qt ever released (especially since Qt is supposed to be community maintained now). I don't understand your anger at Digia. Their "added value" is just maintaining and backporting a few new features for the older commerical versions (opensourse apps will just switch to a newer version of Qt anyway). Which means Qt makes money for Digia, who in turn help fund the project. Plus, Qt 5.1 will ship with more desktop components for QML.

No idea what is going on Nokia-land right now but with Digia maintaing older Qt releases for commerical partners, who cares...

Leave a comment:

• ShadowBane
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    It will have Wayland support?
    I am pretty sure that Qt 5 is supposed to support wayland. (Lighthouse is a big part of Qt 5)

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Wayland

It will have Wayland support?

Leave a comment:

• Mystro256
    replied
    Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
    Because SOMEHOW they will magically revoke the LGPL???
    Haha either that or somebody doesn't understand how the open source community works

Leave a comment:

• frantaylor
    replied
    What is the target of your rage???

The Qt ecosystem now with even less focus on:

Software freedom
    Linux
    Desktop

Yeahyeah we all know by now that Nokia is a raving mad house and Digia is offering nothing but "added value" and benefits to commercial clients.
    Because SOMEHOW they will magically revoke the LGPL???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X