X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by pigggie View Post
    Positive comments really make me smile . Because there are so few of them around here... I really wish that everyone could see that Gnome is not "ruining" or "killing" anything. There are alternative DEs for everyone, and no reason to whine if you've already found your favourite. If that happened to be Gnome 2, there are options there as well. Mint's direction with GNOME 3, MATE etc... The negativity towards anything different or unexpected needs to STOP. It's making the community as a whole look childish and backward. If you don't like it, fair enough. But no need to shout about it every chance you get. Now it would be okay if you DID use Gnome 3, but thought one or two things were letting it down. But people who don't even use it and never plan to should just grow up a bit and keep their voices down. Got a little carried away. Point is - I love the positivity - keep it coming !
    Not quite, many of us have tried the alternatives and found them to be quite lacking. What is childish and immature is releasing a half baked desktop environment as your one and only supported version. It's like saying Vista was an upgrade from XP-SP2/3.

As always, new=better is not always the case, Gnome3 is proof of that, maybe 3.4 will be G3's Service Pack 2, maybe they'll just come out with a complete version and call it Gnome4 and hope everyone forgets the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• pigggie
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Gnome keeps getting better and better. It's heading to the right direction - plus, Vala rocks!
    Positive comments really make me smile . Because there are so few of them around here... I really wish that everyone could see that Gnome is not "ruining" or "killing" anything. There are alternative DEs for everyone, and no reason to whine if you've already found your favourite. If that happened to be Gnome 2, there are options there as well. Mint's direction with GNOME 3, MATE etc... The negativity towards anything different or unexpected needs to STOP. It's making the community as a whole look childish and backward. If you don't like it, fair enough. But no need to shout about it every chance you get. Now it would be okay if you DID use Gnome 3, but thought one or two things were letting it down. But people who don't even use it and never plan to should just grow up a bit and keep their voices down. Got a little carried away. Point is - I love the positivity - keep it coming !
    Last edited by pigggie; 27 December 2011, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Gnome keeps getting better and better. It's heading to the right direction - plus, Vala rocks!

Leave a comment:

• drago01
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    How about re-implementing Drag-n-drop? Talk a bout reverting functionality when they actually managed to screw that one up. I can't drag and drop from a folder to the bookmarks/shortcuts in the sidepanel.
    Nothing got reverted here. It just not implemented yet see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=661275
    I might get to it in the 3.4 time frame but no promises.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    How about re-implementing Drag-n-drop? Talk a bout reverting functionality when they actually managed to screw that one up. I can't drag and drop from a folder to the bookmarks/shortcuts in the sidepanel.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

Phoronix: GNOME 3.3.3 Heats Things Up For GNOME 3.4

GNOME 3.3.3 is now available as the latest update in what will ultimately become GNOME 3.4 next March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X