VLC | improve playback speed experience and feature addition suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC | improve playback speed experience and feature addition suggestions

I use playback speed quite a bit, but I do listen at regular original speed some too. For songs that I like played slower, the playback speed takes constant re-adjustment.

It is nice to have a more relaxed tempo for song songs, or even a bit faster. Instead of changing the speed for all songs to the same speed, each song could have its own custom speed. Then a playlist could be created with all songs speed adjusted to have the same tempo for the whole playlist.

I would also like to improve the slider and add a couple features.

Show checkbox for timestretch on slider.

New feature save speed for current song.

Dragging doesn't move the slider until a large change.

The range is too wide, 60 to 110% would be a good default range, or custom.

Arrows move by 5%. 1% or less would be better

Orange lines for all % 5 and 10s

If each song has its own preset speed, seeing the playback speed overall as 100% is a bit confusing. So Showing - + % would be simpler to understand.

Make playlists using numbered speed presets, so if a song has multiple speed presets, a playlist could be setup, and you pick the speed preset of all songs, or even individually.

Show these changes on the welcome screen and make playback speed a major feature, with a recommendation to try it, and explain why turning off timestretch (renamed) for slower speeds will be a better option, as with it on, the sound is distorted and choppy.

I hope you try this, it is a new experiemce for your music. Even if a song sounds great at normal speed (most do) then you could have a playlist of songs, and speed up all songs if necessary to match the speed of that song.

I hope some of these ideas get implemented, so more people can enjoy this overlooked feature.
Working...
X