X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George99
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Currently for all Windows 10 clients I have to enable Computer configuration\administrative templates\network\Lanman Workstation ->"Enable insecure guest logons" in GPO but I don't like it.
    Well don't use guest accounts or don't use Windows 10 LTSC or learn to like the GPO option. This is clearly a not an issue on the Linux/Samba side.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

I said minimum protocol. You can set the maximum protocol to SMB3 or whatever too. If you want XP support, you need to degrade the protocol. But, since you said you don't need XP support, you can use something higher.

You people need to learn how to read.

Leave a comment:

• ThoreauHD
    replied
    Well, that escalated quickly. Check, please!

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied

I've already spent at least six hours trying to solve this issue, read everything available on the net, read the manual twice, perused Samba mailing list and then when I exhausted my options I decided to try my luck here however instead of help I received some generic and completely useless advice. Think of my response anything you want. It wasn't an idle stupid question which could be easily solved. It's a problem for which even Samba developers don't offer a solution. Maybe Phoronix forums weren't the right place to ask this question in the first place.

I guess I have to apologize for asking. My apologies.
    This is not meant to be a cruel retort, but some times advanced answers for open source products arent free.

And hard won expertise gained in the field is not always freely given away.

In short, the answer to your question probably exists, but may require some expense on your part especially if you are using Samba in a commercial setting.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• sa666666
    replied
    Don't assume you're f*cking smart and I'm stupid just because you can
    Code:
    man smb.conf
    You can download Windows 10 LTSC in less than an hour and offer your insight.
    You know, you really are a condescending prick.

And a passive-aggressive one too. With an attitude like that, why don't you kindly f*ck off and figure it out yourself.

Leave a comment:

• cthart
    replied
    And submit documentation patches if you find anything lacking.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Odd response to people attempting to respond to your request for help.

I've already spent at least six hours trying to solve this issue, read everything available on the net, read the manual twice, perused Samba mailing list and then when I exhausted my options I decided to try my luck here however instead of help I received some generic and completely useless advice. Think of my response anything you want. It wasn't an idle stupid question which could be easily solved. It's a problem for which even Samba developers don't offer a solution. Maybe Phoronix forums weren't the right place to ask this question in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied

This doesn't work. I'm not an expert in Samba and also Samba developers in the their mailing list offer the same GPO workaround. StackExchange offers the same.

Code:
    man smb.conf

Odd response to people attempting to respond to your request for help.

The Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) is designed for Windows 10 devices and use cases where the key requirement is that functionality and features don’t change over time. Examples include medical systems (such as those used for MRI and CAT scans), industrial process controllers, and air traffic control devices. These devices share characteristics of embedded systems: they are typically designed for a specific purpose and are developed, tested, and certified before use. They are treated as a whole system and are, therefore, commonly “upgraded” by building and validating a new system, turning off the old device, and replacing it with the new, certified device.

We designed the LTSC with these types of use cases in mind, offering the promise that we will support each LTSC release for 10 years--and that features, and functionality will not change over the course of that 10-year lifecycle.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by boxie View Post
    please don't do that... SMB1 should not be enabled in any way shape or form
    I don't want to degrade security that much. Of course it works. And SMB1 is dead for all intents and purposes.

Also, discard my requirement about Windows XP. I stopped using it years ago. So, I need compatibility only with Windows 7 - 10LTSC.
    I said minimum protocol. You can set the maximum protocol to SMB3 or whatever too. If you want XP support, you need to degrade the protocol. But, since you said you don't need XP support, you can use something higher.

You people need to learn how to read.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by ermo View Post
    I'll start by noting that "man 5 smb.conf" is your friend, but to cut a long story short, I'd try with:

Code:
    server min protocol = SMB2
    and ensure that auth and smb protocol negotiation logging is enabled with something like:

Code:
    log level = 1 auth:3 smb:3 smb2:3
    Then just keep an eye on the logs for the connecting host to see what's going on?
    This doesn't work. I'm not an expert in Samba and also Samba developers in the their mailing list offer the same GPO workaround. StackExchange offers the same.

Code:
    man smb.conf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X