Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nils_
    replied
    Oh great, I can use it to start systemd then.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post

I just did an experiment writing the shortest program that returns 1, in both C and Rust. I used level 2 optimizations.

C (GCC): 18 KB
    Rust: 255 KB
    Congrats, you discovered that GCC links libc dynamically, while rustc links it's standard library statically.

The following page lists, what you can do to get smaller binaries:

🦀 How to minimize Rust binary size 📦. Contribute to johnthagen/min-sized-rust development by creating an account on GitHub.

His minimal example, which only prints "Hello World!" is 8 kiB large.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So migrate to Shepherd then.
    Sheperd does not support this feature. I'm afraid he will be left alone in the dark or something.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post
    (and there is nothing stopping anyone from writing a similar tool for systemd).
    It's pretty unlikely that someone makes a tool to automate the creation of 2 text files with 3 lines of text in them.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I think it was just one command.
    Upstart didn't provide it.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied

Oh, that sucks. This systemd isn't so good. I don't like having to create files and stuff.
    I think it was much easier back in the days of Upstart, I think it was just one command.
    With Upstart you had to edit the daemon script so this was not something that you could do with a command unless some one released a tool that performed the edit of course (and there is nothing stopping anyone from writing a similar tool for systemd).

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Oh, that sucks. This systemd isn't so good.
    So migrate to Shepherd then.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    no.

if you want to run it on system boot you have to write the 2 text files from the other link https://www.linux.com/blog/end-road-...s-socket-units
    Oh, that sucks. This systemd isn't so good. I don't like having to create files and stuff.
    I think it was much easier back in the days of Upstart, I think it was just one command.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    But it is configured to always run on start.
    no.

if you want to run it on system boot you have to write the 2 text files from the other link https://www.linux.com/blog/end-road-...s-socket-units

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    But it is configured to always run on start. I don't know how that command is going to help me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X