Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dbus Broker 17 Released - No Longer Depends On Glib, Better Isolation With Systemd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

I understand what you said, above, but you haven´ t understood the main purpose of an Operating system ..
    The main Purpose of an OS is to Virtualize the Hardware, so that you can use software above it, simplifying your life... that is the main purpose..

But "S"ystem"D", is not what you describe at the end...in that section, you describe the crap Windows his... and Linux have made strong name, not basing its principles in the crap Windows is..
    There are no Windows principles in systemd, that is just a slur used by trolls on slashdot & co to scare users that have no technical knowledge (especially when those idiots compare it with svchost, that one is a real laugh!).

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied
    Originally posted by Candy View Post

... or ...

We have different use cases and address different solutions than you and your small company.

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's all about compatibility and trust. We need to trust a company for delivering compatible stuff. We don't pay a company for being told how to do things *differently than before*. We pay them because we rely on compatibility and trust. If this is not given anymore then your argument is right. We need to seek an alternative solution where we spent the money in compatibility and trust.

At the end it's all about money.
    So exactly where are your problems then (systemd supports SysVinit scripts out of the box just fine)?

Leave a comment:

• stefansaraev
    replied

more bla, bla bla bla..
    ad-hominem much? however, unlike you, some of us are misinformed and uneducated. and we don't care.

EDIT: btw, you can't demand respect. you have to earn it.
    Last edited by stefansaraev; 02 January 2019, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    so just stick at RHEL6 and shut up - problem solved - it's not about the money, it's about the brain
    There is no need to be offensive. Maybe you step back for 10 minutes and chill your nuggetz...

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    so it looks you are doing something wrong while i do something right
    ... or ...

We have different use cases and address different solutions than you and your small company.

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's all about compatibility and trust. We need to trust a company for delivering compatible stuff. We don't pay a company for being told how to do things *differently than before*. We pay them because we rely on compatibility and trust. If this is not given anymore then your argument is right. We need to seek an alternative solution where we spent the money in compatibility and trust.

At the end it's all about money.

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    it was implicit agreed by all and for guys like you a own distribution was created
    Actually it was a controversal agreement within the debian camp. Caused a huge fraction of their developers to say good bye to the project. Long standing members and known supporters included.

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    In my opinion someone should not put a young person on front of the real Unix based systems, if it doesn´t bear in mind the spirit of Linux and Unix Philosophy.
    That's exactly the situation that *we* are facing with Red Hat (RHEL) systems atm. Fedora allowed associate developers (these young ones) to mess around with *what we call* the core heart of the distribution (yum). We ended up in big troubles for the past 3 years now. Somewhere in the middle we managed to get along with dnf. But this took us a long journey to get there. A lot of rewriting of code from our own infrastructure was necessary because nothing fit - dnf changed much. Now a new bigger regression has shown up and even slipped into a stable distribution like Fedora 28. Again our infrastructure is broken for weeks now. But at the end I can't blame the associate developers - who are paid by Red Hat. The true problem is their floor manager or project leader (in charge of dnf), that let all this nonsenese happen.

A lot has changed within the past 2 decades that I've been using Linux. Some stuff for the better, some stuff for the worse.

I clearly can not recommend any RHEL product anymore within a corporate environment - based on the development of Fedora. A new convervative approach is needed. Maybe Windows 2019 Server or Debian.

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied

and THAT is the problem, you once thought you are done with learning

nobody, it's systemd without capitals and what the fuck is the windows context you see?
    mysqld, httpd... all windows - seriously?

fact is that even Unix veterans declared that it was long overdue to replace sysvinit because it has no real concepts at all and was just working somehow all the years and nobody had the balls to replace it with something solve all that mess while other Unix systems did years ago
    Now that is not the problem, that is what makes me realize what the problem is...
    The knowledge aquired gives you a better vision around, the ecosystem..

SystemD, born SystemD, and that is a fact, that´s why I put the question to at least 20 years experienced personnel..

everybody Understands that changes need to be made, but a forced solution that doesn´t solve the real daily problems in reality and has a lot of scripts and files for the same thing is not a good approach..
    Also the dependability is a big risk..

And worst, to change and adapt something...you need to recompile it from source and deploy it...its not even practical at all.
    In my opinion someone should not put a young person on front of the real Unix based systems, if it doesn´t bear in mind the spirit of Linux and Unix Philosophy.
    It can cooperate yes, he can present ideias, yes of course, but never drive the boat...its a very costly risk, and we start to see it now..

Above all, it should be created by many parts, has possible, an Abstract API, to control processes sockets and so on..
    This API should be agreed by all, and should works for all systems the same way, regarding that inputs and outputs are in same format..

If this have been done, today you would not be here discussing about this problem in first place..
    But everything was done with the interest of one company only, and that is very bad, because an Init system is a very important thing..
    In my opinion, it should also be based in a interpreted language as much as possible( so that some one can consult code on-the-fly ) with addon plugins extensions

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    you and your 10-20 brothers
    Please make a note, that I usually come with my family and clan members and we are more than just 10-20 people. We don't fight with words, we fight with fists and weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Candy
    replied
    when people talking bullshit all the time and it stands without correction others which don't know if it's right or wrong sooner or later take that shit as truth if it's only often enough repeated by a loud minority of fools
    Your kinds use the same methods in talking bullshit to people. Like saying "go use flatpaks, they are save, secure, perfect..." and so on. Willingly fooling people by giving them the feeling to use "flat packages" like small sized packages. Making them belive that they use something similar to Apple or Google. Nothing of that has been proven nor is it valid. No real proof that the system is truly save. Willingly ignoring the facts, that you get a Linux System inside a Linux System installed. Similar things being said with "wayland" years back. The so called X11 replacement. Now a decade (is it so ?) has passed and Wayland is no where except GNOME. Nothing else uses it. People still use X11 or XWayland because the wayland crowd put their mouth on a level, where the code has never reached that same level. Years in and out and no where.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X