Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmbraceUnity
    replied
    It has been working for me out of the box, no problems. I think even since rc1. Except the front panel doesn't work just like with all the other X-Fi linux drivers

never buy anything from Creative.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by KhaaL View Post
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but can anyone give an update how X-Fi support is going in the .31 kernel? I haven't seen anything about it in the recent changelogs.
    I am not 100% sure, but I think I've heard that it is supported since Linux 2.6.31-rc3.

Leave a comment:

• KhaaL
    replied
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but can anyone give an update how X-Fi support is going in the .31 kernel? I haven't seen anything about it in the recent changelogs.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    You don't have to agree to the EULA. You just have to click the "Agree" button. Clicking an "Agree" button and really agreeing are two different things

Leave a comment:

• spikestabber
    replied
    The EULA is full of shit, the driver is GPL. You'll notice it is when you look in its contents. Besides, you bought an X-Fi, I'm sure you already agreed to the EULA at least once.

Leave a comment:

• EmbraceUnity
    replied
    Question

On the creative download site, it asks you to agree to a EULA before downloading the x-fi source driver. I refuse to agree to this EULA. Is there any way I can download it without agreeing?

Leave a comment:

• cruiseoveride
    replied
    I returned my XFI, 2 days after buying it.

Leave a comment:

• pfunkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Enverex View Post
    Has anyone actually picked up this driver? (i.e. ALSA). As it seems like they released it back in September and it's just been dead in the water since then, no-one working on improving it or fixing the bugs and no acceptance into ALSA.

Does anyone have any word on this?
    that does actually seem a bit strange. The only thing i can think of is that after so long there probably where not that many people left waiting for the xfi drivers so its now a low priority? I couls be wrong but i am curious to know how many where still waiting by the time this driver rolled around.

Leave a comment:

• Enverex
    replied
    Has anyone actually picked up this driver? (i.e. ALSA). As it seems like they released it back in September and it's just been dead in the water since then, no-one working on improving it or fixing the bugs and no acceptance into ALSA.

Does anyone have any word on this?

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    Originally posted by EagleDM View Post
    The Xonar does output 5.1 perfectly, but has a problem with the ALSA Mixer, the hardware DOES NOT support a "master volume" and as such you have to use some sort of software mixer to control the master output, such as Pulse Audio, aside from that, I have both cards on the system, Xonar and Creative X-Fi, both running at the same time in Ubuntu 8.10 and even to my astonishment, X-Fi does seem to output a cleaner quality sound with Stereo music than Xonar in Ubuntu, the totally opossed picture to Vista where Xonar does have better quality sound.

Right now, I'm very inclined to buy a Xonar D2 or its PCIe version.

But, it will be necessary to upgrade my mobo too, and it can take a couple of months to buy the right hardware (ATI/Intel/Nvidia...)

But, things can change. Until the day, I actually purchase it. If by chance, the Creative X-Fi starts to output 5.1 by then, I'll change my mind on a heartbeat.

Let's hope for more development.

Thank you for replying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X