X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TobiSGD
    replied
    Originally posted by masinick View Post
    You don't like Zurg, huh? I doubt that the team will pick any of the silliest names, but who knows, I could be completely mistaken about that.
    Zurg is fine. But I personnaly would not count Squeeze or Wheezy to the non-silly names.

Leave a comment:

• masinick
    replied
    Originally posted by TobiSGD View Post
    Rex was Debian 1.2.
    Oh sorry, I did not go back quite that far in my Debian usage; Potato was the first release I ever tried, and Woody was probably about the point where I started to really "get it". I did not use Ham, Rex, or a few of the earliest releases, but I should have checked the historical names first to get my story straight, so thanks for the correction.

You don't like Zurg, huh? I doubt that the team will pick any of the silliest names, but who knows, I could be completely mistaken about that.

Leave a comment:

• TobiSGD
    replied
    Originally posted by masinick View Post
    Rex, after the T-Rex toy,
    Rex was Debian 1.2.
    Anyways, there are some much funnier names, I would like to see Debian Buttercup or Debian Pricklepants.

Leave a comment:

• masinick
    replied
    We will just have to wait and see, but here's what I'd love to see next!

... but I'd like to see the next release named either Rocky, after the toy which was even stronger than Buzz Lightyear, Rex, after the T-Rex toy, or Zurg, the arch enemy of Buzz Lightyear. There are plenty of other names still available as well (except for Sid). That name is ALWAYS reserved for the "unstable" archive branch, which actually makes a pretty good rolling release. The software is good; you just have to be careful about occasional package breakage in Sid, for Sid, the boy, truly was the "unstable one", and the software packaging can, at times, be equally volatile.

Leave a comment:

• TobiSGD
    replied
    Originally posted by Faisal View Post
    It is SID (current unstable version). It is already defined. Why is there confusion for successor.
    Sid will always stay Unstable, it will never become Testing or Stable: http://www.debian.org/releases/sid/

Leave a comment:

• Desiderantes
    replied
    Originally posted by Faisal View Post
    It is SID (current unstable version). It is already defined. Why is there confusion for successor.
    I don't think you understand what actually is sid.

Leave a comment:

• Faisal
    replied
    It is SID

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Hey at least he added it to the end of the article when there was nothing left to say about Debian. As stated before - this is a personal website, he's allowed to do what he wants. While I personally don't have any problem with his interest in beer, I guess it's really up to him if he doesn't care that others dislike it.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I don't even drink alcohol and still like seeing Michael's enthusiasm about beer.
    Then Michael should get beeronix.com, and write about beer, then you can go read there and read his personal opinions of his subjective taste of beer.
    Then maybe he can focus Phoronix on Unix and FOSS.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Please, no beer!

Stick to Unix and FOSS.
    I don't even drink alcohol and still like seeing Michael's enthusiasm about beer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X