Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    I updated to fedora 40 beta and all works perfect.,

Leave a comment:

• spicfoo
    replied
    Originally posted by NSLW View Post
    Don't forget "hidden features" like segfaulting Workrave due to being incompatible with Wayland and KDE having only stock plasmoids, because probably majority of them hasn't been ported yet.
    That's the purpose of beta. For people like you to find and report bugs.

Leave a comment:

• NSLW
    replied
    Don't forget "hidden features" like segfaulting Workrave due to being incompatible with Wayland and KDE having only stock plasmoids, because probably majority of them hasn't been ported yet.

Leave a comment:

• Rovano
    replied
    I have been using since February (Fedora KDE spin). It works.

Leave a comment:

• cend
    replied
    I think we have hit the DPI mark where Terminus will consider scalable fonts. Anyone to ping them?

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by indepe View Post
    a "beta candidate".

If I want to switch to a fresh install with F40, since I have accumulated more stuff than I can remember in F39, is it ok to upgrade a fresh beta install when the final F40 comes out, or should I do another fresh install at that time?
    yes, totally fine and normal.

Leave a comment:

• BillT
    replied
    Originally posted by indepe View Post
    a "beta candidate".

If I want to switch to a fresh install with F40, since I have accumulated more stuff than I can remember in F39, is it ok to upgrade a fresh beta install when the final F40 comes out, or should I do another fresh install at that time?
    Updating the beta to final is fine. I did that through about ten fedora versions over 5 years and then decided to have a cleanout and do a fresh install just retaining the home partition. It did get rid of a lot of junk. Lots of packages I had installed but never used. A lot of other stuff seems to accumulate in the system directories over time. Saved a lot of space with the fresh install. Also changed the file system from EXT4 to BTRFS with the fresh install. Had to back up home before the upgrade and then restore.
    Last edited by BillT; 21 March 2024, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• indepe
    replied
    a "beta candidate".

Last edited by indepe; 21 March 2024, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    Originally posted by George99 View Post
    So the ISO they offered Tuesday (Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-40_Beta-1.9.iso) was the beta version of the beta version?
    It was a *candidate* to be the Beta. In the end, it didn't win. The one that won was Beta-1.10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X