Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Browser-Desktop Integration Coming For KDE Plasma 5.13

Phoronix: Better Browser-Desktop Integration Coming For KDE Plasma 5.13

One of the new features being worked on by KDE developers in the new year is better desktop integration with web browsers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any idea how kde works with gtx 1080 with proprietary drivers ?

Comment

Good. Firefox has been for a long time integrated quite poorly with KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by kalin View Post
        I run it quite fine on a laptop with GTX 1060 and proprietary drivers, though there are a few glitches that are non-KDE specific that occur when resuming from suspend.
        One actual issue you can run into is that panels can stop updating if you disable compositing.

And of course, you won't have any Wayland support, at least until the whole memory allocator issue gets resolved - one way or the other.

But as for usability itself, I'd say it works just fine seeing as I've been using it as the daily driver for several years now on said system.

Comment

Kingdom come !

Comment

On Arch there is no such package available yet, only a pkgbuild in AUR.

Comment

Good. I like where this is going.

Comment

I have KDE installed alongside the mainly used GNOME desktop on my GTX 1080 Arch system, just to look at it time to time how it's shaping. Using it on a 4K screen, scaling is more or less working out of the box.
                The only, but showstopper bug is that it badly tears. I tried various settings in the Display section, if I remember correctly I even checked the wiki for advice but couldn't solve it. I'm sure that it could be configured somehow (as GNOME doesn't tear at all out of the box), just wasn't interested enough to spend time on it.

Comment

As long as this gets into Firefox, all good!!! Don't give a ******* about Chrome

Comment

if you own the hardware, then testing it is a very simple task... and you'll get the most correct answer. Use any live distribution such as kde neon.

Comment

Working...
                    X