X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
    I'll bet you that tomorrow Honton will have a new account. Maybe Bo$$2 or something like that? :-(
    I know, but at least it is a sign from the reasonable discussing community here. The ban is our last and only weapon. There will be more in the future.
    Whats nice: it clears the board from all his stupidities of the past.

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
    And finally - Honton and every single post of him (even the infamous "Gnome kills KDE" Thread) got removed. Phoronix get's usable, again. Thx alot!
    Indeed.
    Hopefully the next B0$$ / Honton / name-that-troll will be banned before he/she/it becomes such a nuisance.

Per the discussion at hand, seems that 4.13 rc will land in Fedora-KDE unstable soon. Given previous track record (since more or less 4.5rc) I don't expect many issues.

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• ua=42
    replied
    I'll bet you that tomorrow Honton will have a new account. Maybe Bo$$2 or something like that? :-(

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    And finally - Honton and every single post of him (even the infamous "Gnome kills KDE" Thread) got removed. Phoronix get's usable, again. Thx alot!
    Seriously?
    Its a great day

I already thought the first post here was a citation from hin from another thread, like people getting crazy without him...

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied
    Thanks to everyone! Phoronix is now a nice place. :-)

Leave a comment:

• schmalzler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lakerssuperman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    AFAIK the only major regression is linking files with activities (Nepomuk can, Baloo can't).
    Interesting and good to know.

Leave a comment:

• ua=42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    AFAIK the only major regression is linking files with activities (Nepomuk can, Baloo can't).

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by lakerssuperman View Post
    Yes, Baloo does not have exact feature parity with the current Nepomuk implementation, but the developers state it has about 80% of what Nepomuk can do and covers most of the primary use cases of Nepomuk with the possibility that the rest will be added in later. I don't see that as a feature getting "killed". If it was killed it would be KDE completely removing semantic desktop searching from KDE. That isn't the case.
    As far as I am aware, no user-facing features were removed. Some API capabilities were removed, but no applications made use of them, and there was no indication they ever would. A few applications that used nepomuk for certain things have not been ported yet, but nepomuk is still available for those.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X