X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    You clearly haven't used the web in recent years.

Even pages like the current Jamendo and Github go overly JS-happy, and are rather heavy to render because of that. (insert disclaimer how JS engines are likely multithreaded already, and that grandparent should clarify which part he meant)

(insert rant how people who can't code are writing JS, and too much of it too)
    I admit I haven't used Jamendo. But I use Github regularly and it barely registers in task manager on an i5-2500k. Maybe after HTML5 hits us and browser gaming starts taking advantage of that, multiple threads per tab will start to make sense. But not now, imho.
    Plus, the guy is picking on Rekonq as if all the major browsers have this feature already. Either he knows little about multithreading or is just acting trollish.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Why? Do you think rendering a page is so intensive a single CPU core can't handle it alone?
    Think javascript as well as java applets or scripts running within the page. Using a core to handle the scripts/Java applets/javascript and another to handle the HTML page engine will help render the pages faster

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Why? Do you think rendering a page is so intensive a single CPU core can't handle it alone?
    You clearly haven't used the web in recent years.

Even pages like the current Jamendo and Github go overly JS-happy, and are rather heavy to render because of that. (insert disclaimer how JS engines are likely multithreaded already, and that grandparent should clarify which part he meant)

(insert rant how people who can't code are writing JS, and too much of it too)

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by mayankleoboy1 View Post
    Are there any parallelised browsers ? That can use multiple cores to render a page? (Firefox Servo is one such example, but its no more than a prototype currently).

Leave a comment:

• mayankleoboy1
    replied
    parallelised browser?

Are there any parallelised browsers ? That can use multiple cores to render a page? (Firefox Servo is one such example, but its no more than a prototype currently).

Leave a comment:

• schmalzler
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Does it support extensions?
    No.
    And that's why chrome can make such a minimal UI: it gives the user the possibility to extend the browser to its needs.
    I also stopped using rekonq some time ago, because it got locked for seconds for no (obvious) reason, and the way too many ads passed the adblock. I am currently using qupzilla+chromium.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Extensions

Does it support extensions?

Leave a comment:

• newwen
    replied
    Originally posted by pankkake View Post
    Open blog post
    Open screenshot
    See no menu bar
    Close tab
    It looks like Chrome to me. Minimalistic interfaces are the new design trend nowadays and removing options a feature. I have always critisized Windows 8 for removing features, but linux desktops are following the same trend.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    The wording is a bit misleading. Rekonq already had an incognito mode. I guess they just reworked that into being more chrome-like. Whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• pankkake
    replied
    Open blog post
    Open screenshot
    See no menu bar
    Close tab

Leave a comment:

Working...
X