Clear All

• Xanbreon
    replied

Shit, they all have icons, copycats!

Leave a comment:

• Shanavar
    replied
    Not to let the flameware cool down =)

Hey gnome, how about revolutionize DE's and by the way... anti-aliased window corners and awesome workflow anyone?

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    stfu and stop fooling that gnome looks like win95 ffs

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    default gnome look very bad, thats right, but ubuntu allows you to change theme...
    Wow, that's like so revolutionary, OMG

Leave a comment:

• curfew
    replied
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It's not. I'm using Arch and so do you, so you can check. Default KDE is gray. I prefer blue myself, but I can change what I want to. Those are Gnome fanbois who use DE which looks like dumb Win95 when using defaults, so where's you taste?
    The only blue stuff in default KDE 4.5 theme are the icons and the wallpaper. The Plasma theme is translucent (white/gray) and the wallpaper just makes it look blue-ish. Oxygen widget theme is inarguably gray.

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    default gnome look very bad, thats right, but ubuntu allows you to change theme, and then gnome owns all KDE shiny blue bubble stuff... KDE IS overbloated

Leave a comment:

• Xanbreon
    replied
    Who gives a toss about what the default colour is, and if someone copped someone else, variety is the spice of life, more choice is better!

Nothing wrong with getting inspiration from what other people have done, see Xerox PARC and the whole dam GUI.

I guess im giving in and letting myself be tolololol'ed

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    Seriously-are you colorblind? Because default KDE 4.5 IS BLUE.

No point trying to argue with KDE fanbois, if they had taste, they wouldn't use KDE anyway
    It's not. I'm using Arch and so do you, so you can check. Default KDE is gray. I prefer blue myself, but I can change what I want to. Those are Gnome fanbois who use DE which looks like dumb Win95 when using defaults, so where's you taste?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    I can't believe even people at Phoronix are getting tired of the flames.. Half a year ago this would have been at page 16 already.

Oh yeah, both KDE and Gnome suck.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    gnome works good on DEB based distros, gnome dont work good on fedora/mandriva/suse

i hate KDE, to much useless stuff in it. gnome is good and clear
    I've no idea where this came from. Gnome is primarily developed by RH and they do excellent quality control. My experience has been that Fedora (as of 10 or 11) is as stable as any other distro (more than Lucid, for instance). Yes, you get bugs but you also get as close to bleeding edge releases as possible without the stains.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X