X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by spinkham View Post
    "Managed code"? JavaScript runs on the CLR VM now?
    The term "managed" precedes the CLR.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Unfortunately, Ximian doesn't exist as an independent entity anymore. Its employees are now mingled with the Novell bloodstream, spreading the Mono infection to all Novell projects...
    Words of truth. ;>

It won't be too long before we'll see desktop apps being written in managed languages, hear my words. First it will be core Gnome and KDE applications being written in managed languages, such as Javascript. Once that happens, the leap to Mono will be too tempting to resist...
    You can't imagine, but something like this is possible. Years ago slowlaris guys wanted to convince Linux developers to... write drivers in Java. Thankfully they were conscious slowlaris wants their drivers and they didn't want to follow the bloated way.

Leave a comment:

• spinkham
    replied
    ?????

Your tongue must be so firmly in your cheek it's licking your brain.

"Managed code"? JavaScript runs on the CLR VM now?

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    :P

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    When Gnome copies Win95 look then it's ok, so don't worry about KDE. You're funny reaction doesn't change the fact Mono is used in Gnome and it's not used in GCC, Linux, X, KDE. Kill Mono and ximians not Novell.
    Unfortunately, Ximian doesn't exist as an independent entity anymore. Its employees are now mingled with the Novell bloodstream, spreading the Mono infection to all Novell projects...

It won't be too long before we'll see desktop apps being written in managed languages, hear my words. First it will be core Gnome and KDE applications being written in managed languages, such as Javascript. Once that happens, the leap to Mono will be too tempting to resist...

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    See? The infection is spreading, I knew it! Next thing you know, Micro$$aft will be extending "patent covenants" to X, the kernel, gnome and more. (KDE will be exempt, since it's copying the Vista looks.)

So kill it! Kill it with fire before it's too late!
    When Gnome copies Win95 look then it's ok, so don't worry about KDE. You're funny reaction doesn't change the fact Mono is used in Gnome and it's not used in GCC, Linux, X, KDE. Kill Mono and ximians not Novell.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    And yes, I'm still kidding

Originally posted by some-guy View Post
    Novell also develops X, the linux kernel, gnome, kde, and more.

Have fun knowing that.
    See? The infection is spreading, I knew it! Next thing you know, Micro$$aft will be extending "patent covenants" to X, the kernel, gnome and more. (KDE will be exempt, since it's copying the Vista looks.)

So kill it! Kill it with fire before it's too late!

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: GCC 4.5.1 RC1 Released; Final Due By August

Richard Guenther of Novell has just announced the first release candidate for GCC 4.5.1, which will be the first point release following the April release of GCC 4.5.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODQzNQ

I have posted about the MPC support being nothing more than the substitution of a fork of GMP for GMP in the past. GMP was forked by MPC's developers because GMP's developers are hostile to supporting windows and embedded systems. To suggest GCC's switch from GMP to MPC is a significant improvement in GCC is a pure lie. The two are binary compatible, so it is likely possible to compile GCC 4.5 with either one of them and not have any issues.

Honestly, I wish that Phoronix would demonstrate knowledge in the areas it reports.

Leave a comment:

• some-guy
    replied
    Novell also develops X, the linux kernel, gnome, kde, and more.

Have fun knowing that.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    And no word about ill famed bug 40838.

I'm with GCC 4.2.4 again.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Novell?! So, Micro$haft is infecting GCC now, too? Bye bye GCC, clang here I come.
    Quality flamewar introduction. Just what I need in the holidays

Leave a comment:

Working...
X