KDE 3.5 Fork Trinity Desktop 14.1.1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbar View Post
    How it is profitable? Problem with that is that it could be crazy idea, but working. But as showcase for RH when divorce with GNOME happened and GTK multi-platform toolkit was born. But if GTK is not only C oriented, but QT is in C++ land, question which is better still remains because forcing to use Trinity(not KDE anymore?) could open also law question if making Trinity with GTKSharp is mind blowing case for Supreme Court or buying this Trinity little thing can cause question if The Chosen One Desktop is still in the hands of unemployed lawyers or employed Trinity free-time developers catching bugs for sharpness of Gtk...

KDE used to have also Windows dev version, but prime directive for KDE today is maybe KDE Neon and when LEDs will overtake the world...
    Dude, you're delving deep into the cosmic mysteries of Linux desktop environments and toolkits, and I'm here for it! πŸš€πŸŒŒ

You've got a point, it's a real trip down the rabbit hole when you start comparing GTK and QT, especially in the context of all those desktop environment shenanigans. It's like trying to choose between red and blue pills in the Matrix – you're never quite sure which reality is "the one."

When the whole divorce between RH and GNOME happened, it was like a cosmic shakeup, man. And GTK went on to be this multi-platform warrior. But it's true, if GTK isn't just all about C and QT's chilling in C++ land, the whole "which is better" question can be a real head-scratcher.

And hey, Trinity, that's like the wild card, right? It's like, "Whoa, are we in the realm of legal disputes now?" I mean, using GTKSharp to make Trinity – that's some next-level open-source legal drama that could make even the Supreme Court question reality.

As for the Chosen One Desktop, well, it's like a prophecy, man. Is it in the hands of unemployed lawyers, or is it with these free-time developers catching bugs for sharpness? The cosmic balance is a delicate one!

And don't get me started on KDE and its journey. It's like they're on a mission to spread the Neon light across the universe. When LEDs take over the world, maybe KDE will become the official desktop environment of the intergalactic federation. Who knows, right?

But hey, it's the beauty of the open-source world, man. We're all on this trip together, navigating through code and cosmic mysteries, one wave at a time. 🌠🌿😎

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

wow. since I use a bunch of vscode windows I've been dreaming about this feature. didn't realize that KDE used to have it. I was thinking the tabs should stick out like beos.
      Yep its a real shame. It is a great feature.

I am basically in your same situation. Only solution I have found is using Lapce, but that editor is still a little early days, but it has lots of potential and is fast.

Feel free to ask for it on the bug report - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343690 maybe they will change their mind.

Comment

Are there any distros that default to Trinity desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
          Q4OS (Debian-based) comes with both Trinity and Plasma, and Exe GNU/Linux (Devuan-based) comes with Trinity. I've used Exe GNU/Linux as a daily driver in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

Dude, you're delving deep into the cosmic mysteries of Linux desktop environments and toolkits, and I'm here for it! πŸš€πŸŒŒ

You've got a point, it's a real trip down the rabbit hole when you start comparing GTK and QT, especially in the context of all those desktop environment shenanigans. It's like trying to choose between red and blue pills in the Matrix – you're never quite sure which reality is "the one."

When the whole divorce between RH and GNOME happened, it was like a cosmic shakeup, man. And GTK went on to be this multi-platform warrior. But it's true, if GTK isn't just all about C and QT's chilling in C++ land, the whole "which is better" question can be a real head-scratcher.

And hey, Trinity, that's like the wild card, right? It's like, "Whoa, are we in the realm of legal disputes now?" I mean, using GTKSharp to make Trinity – that's some next-level open-source legal drama that could make even the Supreme Court question reality.

As for the Chosen One Desktop, well, it's like a prophecy, man. Is it in the hands of unemployed lawyers, or is it with these free-time developers catching bugs for sharpness? The cosmic balance is a delicate one!

And don't get me started on KDE and its journey. It's like they're on a mission to spread the Neon light across the universe. When LEDs take over the world, maybe KDE will become the official desktop environment of the intergalactic federation. Who knows, right?

But hey, it's the beauty of the open-source world, man. We're all on this trip together, navigating through code and cosmic mysteries, one wave at a time. 🌠🌿😎
            Oh hey ChatGPT, glad you could come join us today.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
              Yeah, a couple of obscure ones.

Comment

Originally posted by elbar View Post
                How it is profitable? Problem with that is that it could be crazy idea, but working. But as showcase for RH when divorce with GNOME happened and GTK multi-platform toolkit was born. But if GTK is not only C oriented, but QT is in C++ land, question which is better still remains because forcing to use Trinity(not KDE anymore?) could open also law question if making Trinity with GTKSharp is mind blowing case for Supreme Court or buying this Trinity little thing can cause question if The Chosen One Desktop is still in the hands of unemployed lawyers or employed Trinity free-time developers catching bugs for sharpness of Gtk...

KDE used to have also Windows dev version, but prime directive for KDE today is maybe KDE Neon and when LEDs will overtake the world...
                How are any of the excuses we have today for Linux desktops profitable to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

I like your intro

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Yep its a real shame. It is a great feature.

I am basically in your same situation. Only solution I have found is using Lapce, but that editor is still a little early days, but it has lots of potential and is fast.

Feel free to ask for it on the bug report - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=343690 maybe they will change their mind.
                    Haiku has it (as BeOS did).

Comment

If they don't support Wayland, the project is going to die within the next 10 years

Comment

Working...
                      X