Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Resolution Scrolling On Linux Progressing, Apple Magic Mouse Support In Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonadow
    replied
    Whoop de doo, Linux might finally get system-wide smooth scrolling in 5.15 while macOS had it since 10.6 and Windows since Windows 8.

Leave a comment:

• Turbine
    replied
    They need to allow you to adjust scrolling sensitivity. I cannot use desktop Linux because my expensive mouse's scrollwheel requires an insane amount of scroll to move down the page.

Leave a comment:

• Chugworth
    replied
    Now I wonder how long it's going to take apps to add support for this. To this day, FireFox on Linux still doesn't properly handle touchpad scrolling unless you set "MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1" and disable the simulated "smooth scrolling" in its settings.

Leave a comment:

• High Resolution Scrolling On Linux Progressing, Apple Magic Mouse Support In Linux 5.15

Phoronix: High Resolution Scrolling On Linux Progressing, Apple Magic Mouse Support In Linux 5.15

Being worked on for several years now on the Linux desktop has been high resolution scrolling including work for it around X Input, the libinput library used both by X.Org and Wayland systems, and the kernel driver side for the HID/input devices to support it. The latest user-space work is high resolution scroll wheel support within the next libinput release. Separately, with Linux 5.15 is now additionally support for high resolution scrolling with the Apple Magic Mouse...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X