X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Every distribution uses FOSS Qt 5.15; potentially with KDE patches. Qt LTS 5.15 is a different thing and is what you get with a commercial license.

AFAICT, Deepin is using 5.15.1 which is a FOSS Qt 5.15 release. There's also 5.15.2. Qt LTS Commercial starts at 5.15.3.

See here and here.
    My Deepin 20 says that it uses 5.15.2 rather than 5.15.1. But I didn't know the commercial license only started at 5.15.3. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JackLilhammers
    replied
    144Hz
    Such Gtk, very on topic, good troll boy.
    Gosh, how I envy your free time

Leave a comment:

• CommunityMember
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    We do care about Qt6 porting. That should be what this thread is about
    And as far as Qt 6 porting is concerned, with Qt 6.2 targeted to include the additional modules such as WebEngine, WebSockets, and Multimedia, large and complex projects will be able start their porting efforts for real rather than just initial prep work (yes, some projects do not use those additional modules, but a lot use one or more). That should not imply it will be a trivial port for larger projects, of course and just as there are projects still using Qt 4, there are likely to be projects using Qt 5 for quite a number of years, but I look forward to Qt 6.2.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Nobody answers that because really, nobody cares.
    I was going to, but I spent my time in a more productive way.. talking to a brick wall.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    skeevy420 It’s pretty impressive how you are NOT answering I asked for your opinion on KDAB and Blue Systems. They clearly add pressure to keep keep things CLAed.
    Nobody answers that because really, nobody cares.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Has anyone tried using https://github.com/copperspice/copperspice for your projects?

I looks like it's actively being worked on for many years.

My biggest question would be Webkit compatiablity.

I would not mind listening or reading meeting minutes on QT6 vs QT6-fork vs copperspice. I'm sure people have considered it.

Leave a comment:

• Nth_man
    replied

[...] the age of SpectreMelt [...]
    I wanted to quote here what a Qt and Intel developer [wrote](https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-c...q1/006679.html):

Let me be very clear so there's no mistake: all security issues will be dealt with
    in all branches, to the extent that we are able to reproduce them and
    confirm them. We usually identify down to the point release where security
    issues apply and will continue to do so.

-- Thiago Macieira
    Last edited by Nth_man; 07 June 2021, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    skeevy420 It’s pretty impressive how you are NOT answering I asked for your opinion on KDAB and Blue Systems. They clearly add pressure to keep keep things CLAed.
    I already told you that I don't know their opinions on the matter and that you need to provide links if you want my opinion on their opinions. I'm not gonna wild goose chase stuff on Google that you're apparently already keen on.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Qt 5.15 is the current Qt LTS and Deepin 20 uses it.
    Every distribution uses FOSS Qt 5.15; potentially with KDE patches. Qt LTS 5.15 is a different thing and is what you get with a commercial license.

AFAICT, Deepin is using 5.15.1 which is a FOSS Qt 5.15 release. There's also 5.15.2. Qt LTS Commercial starts at 5.15.3.

See here and here.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

What's the point? AFAIK no Linux distribution or software uses Qt LTS so there's no reason to fork that branch..
    Qt 5.15 is the current Qt LTS and Deepin 20 uses it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X