X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by man-walking View Post
    Using Gnome nowadays is about to click double/triple times to access the things you reached easily in the past, the design obsession to hide everything...
    ​​​​​​ That big icons in the apps menu looks like a baby toy game, so inefficient also that sub-folders to group apps, vague and cumbersome at same time.
    It is a keyboard orientated desktop. Pressing CMD + start typing application name is the preferred way of launching applications.

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Well implemented software runs in all machines, like the Xfce desktop. Redhat is a tool of microsoft and ibm to prevent Linux desktop success. That is the real reason for gnome3, pulseaudio, networkmanager and pulseaudio. Pro programmers do not design and implement so poor software unless forced.
    Do you want a hug?

Leave a comment:

• man-walking
    replied
    Using Gnome nowadays is about to click double/triple times to access the things you reached easily in the past, the design obsession to hide everything...
    ​​​​​​ That big icons in the apps menu looks like a baby toy game, so inefficient also that sub-folders to group apps, vague and cumbersome at same time.

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    guys can you stop breaking my shitposting detector it's really annoying thanks

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiba View Post

It should. I can't test it though, since I can't use Wayland.
    Do you have a Nvidia card or what else?

Leave a comment:

• Shiba
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Does it support per-monitor scaling?
    It should. I can't test it though, since I can't use Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Very nice with the performance improvements. The animations are smoother. Unfortunately still last too long because the defined duration is too long, so you still have to wait.
    The animation is also this weird folding animation that feels rather awkward, and not smooth like a sliding animation.

I like GNOME 3.32, but unfortunately I've experienced some freezes and crashes of GNOME Shell. It could need some stability and reliability improvements. Every time I open a link in HexChat it seems to temporarily freeze GNOME Shell then reload GNOME Shell.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiba View Post
    Fractional scaling support under Wayland only! Could you mention that at least once?
    Does it support per-monitor scaling?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I can't help but think a short video showing these would be really nice.

Leave a comment:

• evfool
    replied
    Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Gnome is definitely not for power users, if I had the spare time to fix up thing, I would not touch Gnome but use Enlightenment.

Issue persists in both home (i7-4770 + RX-570) aswell as Work (some Xenon + Nvidia Dell PC) with dual screens each, I rather guess that neither the devs nor the happy Gnome users do anything but open Firefox on a single screen.
    Although I initially didn't like the GNOME3 UI I got used to it, and can consider myself a happy Gnome user, and I am using Gnome DE with i5 and a triple-monitor set-up (DELL laptop screen plus two additional DELL displays), and I am not seeing the issues (screen blanking, nautilus issues), so definitely not a single-screen Firefox user. It would be great if you could report bugs to help investigate.

Leave a comment:

• discordian
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Well implemented software runs in all machines, like the Xfce desktop. Redhat is a tool of microsoft and ibm to prevent Linux desktop success.
    Out of Gnome and Xfce I would still pick Gnome every day of the week, its pretty buggy aswell and dated (no wayland, no good HiDPI). Been on XFCE for close to a year...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X