Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edwaleni
    replied
    Did they finally get the Realtek support under BSD fixed and integrated? Or is it still futzware?

Leave a comment:

• kylew77
    replied
    I'm curious why more firewall projects based on pf don't use OpenBSD as a base since it is more secure and the origin project for pf. FreeBSD is less secure, but has faster networking than OpenBSD so I suspect the faster networking part might be why more routers/firewalls use FreeBSD as the base.

Leave a comment:

• peterhoeg
    replied
    We're using it for work as well - it's awesome. I much prefer it to the various proprietary firewall products.

What I meant (and expressed poorly) was that all home users with moderate technical proficiency (and up) should absolutely use this.

Leave a comment:

• Ground0
    replied
    Why you mean defult for moderatly? I use it in bigger Project for ex. Gov and like Biotech companys...

Leave a comment:

• peterhoeg
    replied
    Unless you have specific requirements that only another product will fulfill, I would argue that OPNsense should be the default choice for moderately technical users. It is simply phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• OPNsense 22.1 Released With This Open-Source Firewall Now Powered By FreeBSD 13

Phoronix: OPNsense 22.1 Released With This Open-Source Firewall Now Powered By FreeBSD 13

OPNsense, the FreeBSD-based firewall/router software stack forked from pfSense, is out with its first major release of 2022...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X