X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by slayerizer

Really? for something that's free and mostly based on volunteer work, I find everything to be really amazing! The proposed fix had to be tested and reviewed.
    That's not saying much. Most people have ridiculously low standards for practically everything.

Leave a comment:

• mike456
    replied
    Might only be the tip of an iceberg.

I was hit by a UEFI Rootkit some months ago. Looked like a big criminal ground is messing with OpenSource code.

Leave a comment:

• willbprog177
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Linux Os has to improve in security and efficiency.
    You mean "${just_about_all_operating_systems} [have] to improve in security and efficiency.", yes?

Leave a comment:

• computerquip
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    How FreeBSD users watch Netflix on their computers?
    Through a virtual machine?
    Thanks!
    Through their browser.

Leave a comment:

• computerquip
    replied
    Originally posted by slayerizer

Really? for something that's free and mostly based on volunteer work, I find everything to be really amazing! The proposed fix had to be tested and reviewed.
    Being free and/or volunteer-based is never an excuse for being lazy in security. I don't think that's the case with Linux regardless but this logic is a bit annoying.

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    How FreeBSD users watch Netflix on their computers?
    Through a virtual machine?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• zexelon
    replied
    Originally posted by cjcox
    Applying patches and mitigations to Windows. "Is this going to make my fps lower? Then, no."
    Actually its more like this on windows: "Is this going to lower my performance? Wait its windows 10... patch applied and now it slower than a pig... and I lost all my unsaved work in the automatic reboot."

Leave a comment:

• cjcox
    replied
    Applying patches and mitigations to Linux. "Ok, I'll get it done as soon as possible."

Applying patches and mitigations to Windows. "Is this going to make my fps lower? Then, no."

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

Default FreeBSD is not even affected.
    In term of default configuration.

What's funny Microsoft doesn't consider such vulnerabilities critical. It took them more than 90 days to fix similar problem:

A Google security expert today revealed that an unpatched issue in the main cryptographic library in Microsoft's operating system can cause a denial-of-service (DoS) condition on Windows 8 servers and above.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Till now, I ignore if Linux Oses are able to provide a LAN Service where Clients could share files. A Network system samba independent.
    it depends from how you define it.

NFS is more or less the same as samba but windows support sucks (not a Linux issue), ftp is kind of crappy but simple and similar enough to samba to share files for most people and home usecases, and also supported natively by Windows.

Then there are other solutions where you are using peers to sync around files like Syncthing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X