Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Phoronix Amazon Links Now Work In The EU

Phoronix: PSA: Phoronix Amazon Links Now Work In The EU

Phoronix readers wishing to click our Amazon links when shopping in the EU can now support our site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just tried it for Canada. It doesn't automatically go to Amazon Canada, but it does pop up a new "Shopping from Canada ?" spot you can click on and then seems to carry a long reference number across to amazon.ca when you do that. Good to see.
    Test signature

Comment

There are really better ways to support phonronix.

I am not going to buy anymore from amazon again.

Comment

That's Pontiferous!

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
          There are really better ways to support phonronix.

I am not going to buy anymore from amazon again.
          Meh, other big physical store companies aren't better, and most e-sellers here are total crap when it comes to warranties (they are inclined to to shaft you just because they know no product they sell is remotely worth the cost/time/aggravance of suing them), which is worse than anything Amazon does.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Meh, other big physical store companies aren't better, and most e-sellers here are total crap when it comes to warranties (they are inclined to to shaft you just because they know no product they sell is remotely worth the cost/time/aggravance of suing them), which is worse than anything Amazon does.
            At least where I am living, good small stores are still available. Yet they often are under pressure from big corporations. I keep supporting the niche of the small guys. Their niche is quite similar to the FFOS-niche.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              I vote for disable all kind of ads on phoronix and instead of the ads just let us do web-browser-mining on phoronix.com...

with this method michael gets money and no one has to see stupid ads anymore.
              I think mining would also save bandwidth and CPU usage compared to most ads these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                I vote for disable all kind of ads on phoronix and instead of the ads just let us do web-browser-mining on phoronix.com...

with this method michael gets money and no one has to see stupid ads anymore.
                I'm ok with this, but I suspect that web-browser-mining will impact browsing performance, especially on mid-low end devices

And I'm sure vBullettin will find a way to break in strange ways with it enabled.

Comment

Working...
                X